So for those that saw them in ST, they had ongoing issues with the sound amplification tonight right? 

Any official word what happened? 

From my perspective, the sound mixer seemingly froze wouldn't start and when it did start did not load it's presets correctly? Meaning the sound guys had to turn mics on and off live and not via it's presets. And not at the correct volume levels. 

Can someone get confirmation on that? 

21 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

So for those that saw them in ST, they had ongoing issues with the sound amplification tonight right? 

From my perspective, the sound mixer seemingly froze wouldn't start and when it did start did not load it's presets correctly? Meaning the sound guys had to turn mics on and off live and not via it's presets. And not at the correct volume levels. 

As someone who spent a great deal of time watching them in Vermont, I can say they seem to have the levels nailed.  I also noticed some issues tonight, like not being able to hear Ryan's second Bari solo or Devon's trumpet solo at the end, but I don't know if that was what happened in the stadium or just in the cinecast.

Wow Boston! Wow! I can't believe you are this good in June. Some of the top tier corps better be very very nervous about you. I could easily see this being a top 5 show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

They had to do a factory reset of the board on the field….

Boston did have some glitches in the sound engineering, not only pre show, but in certain key solos in the show. These kinks will be worked out, and just like most of these corps, the closer in the first show, will not be what it looks and sounds like come August. Boston appears to have the overall package in show design that can contend for medal in August. Thats not just my take, but the take by many others on other social media tonite. Best of success to them the rest of the way.

• Like 2

Was about to say some stuff, but I'd rather not. BAC was clean last night, the fluke sound issues will be sorted.

Looking forward to a hungry team ready for redemption early on. 

• Like 2

Despite the 1st show electronic gremlins, I thought the members had a great stage presence and the drill was the cleanest thing on the field. Several of the numbers were a bit of a surprise,  but it is just one show and obviously a first read.  In any event, we seem to be starting the season in the top 5 zone, which is awesome!

8 hours ago, craiga said:

As someone who spent a great deal of time watching them in Vermont, I can say they seem to have the levels nailed.  I also noticed some issues tonight, like not being able to hear Ryan's second Bari solo or Devon's trumpet solo at the end, but I don't know if that was what happened in the stadium or just in the cinecast.

I am curious how much time did they spend on ensuring the brass line wasn’t overpowering through the speakers? This was a big problem last year all three nights in Indy and I really hope they tone It back….a lot, 

The last thing the BAC hornline needs is amplification they are plenty strong on their own 😊

A few thoughts on Boston after Detroit...

I am thoroughly impressed with their brass performance.  It was absolutely hands-down their absolute best brass section EVER IMO.  I will easily put them in the hunt for top 3 in brass for this season.  They are just that dang talented and it will be glorious IMO.  Gino has done a remarkable job with these talented horn players. I am amazed with the quality of this brass program. 

The show itself.  I am sold on this concept.  I love it.  After hearing CIP I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to feel about it, but they have sold me.  Do I know where this show will place come August?  Nope. My gut feeling is this thing is going to be a MONSTER.  Just keep layering for GE and give me a tad more key WOW moments both musically and visually and watch out!  

The guard will definitely be in the hunt for another Zingali IMO. The guard work is just mind-boggling. I keep saying to myself, I can't believe that they just did that! 

I am also very impressed with the pit writing. I like how they are featured in the show.  It is not just a feature for the sake of to say look at all the great notes we can play. It is very musical.  The battery right off the bat caught my attention and I can tell that this might be one of their best percussion books in DCI years.  Those kids are talented!  I'm not hearing any fuzz either. It was clean, but at the same time challenging and difficult.

This corps just oozes with talent in all captions. A few of the naysayers better be careful counting them out after just one show for the hunt.  If I know anything about this corps,  they've been known to finish very strong in the end. This is not a sprint, but a marathon.

I can't wait to see you live on July 10th!!!

I am also so very proud to call myself an alum of this corps and can't take my eyes off of you. 😍

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

I am curious how much time did they spend on ensuring the brass line wasn’t overpowering through the speakers? This was a big problem last year all three nights in Indy and I really hope they tone It back….a lot, 

The last thing the BAC hornline needs is amplification they are plenty strong on their own 😊

Thank you! I sat on the 35 last year about ten rows from the field and Boston's amps were deafening. Like painfully loud

• Thanks 1