45 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Boston is drill complete and playing their entire show. 

Just my opinion.

ok... but you are wrong on this.

Simply look back to 2017, 2018, 2019, and tell me what you saw and heard on June 21, these 3 years was the drill, visuals and the " entire show " they  had by Indy Championships in August. Potter/ May/ Townshend/ Sanders are well known for adding lots of things to their corps show designs between the 1st show opener and by August Championships.

Look, its entirely possible that Cavies catch Boston this season.. who knows ( though I seriously doubt it, this season ). But the thinking that it will be done via the addition of the Cavaliers closer, while Boston  then stands pat with " their entire show on the field " , is not what Boston does now from the opener through to August.  SCV was 2 points off of BD in the 1st outing. SCV does not have their closer in, BD did. Because BD was deemed " complete " and SCV " incomplete", do we assess that SCV will close that 2 point gap once they are " complete " with their closer ? You tell me. Do you think BD has their " entire show " on the field, both musically and visually ? just wondering how the thinking works with this,  thats all. 

Edited by Boss Anova

53 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I agree. I'm surprised that Cavaliers are this close to Boston and Bluecoats with the incompleteness and dirty they have. It only bodes well for them if they finish the show, clean, and add.

Boston is drill complete and playing their entire show. They're cleaning and refining, but what they have isn't getting the reward that it seems the Cavaliers will get when they're as clean as Boston.

Just my opinion.

I want Boston to win a title too, but I don't think this is the vehicle. I hope they will medal though!

It has been only one show. Isn't it too early to draw conclusions ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't say that Boston wouldn't add anything too. I'm saying that when the Cavaliers add the missing portions of their show music, they're going to likely get a big jump inscore from that, which might even out the scoring.

So, it is a 1.5 points spread as things were last they met. If Cavaliers have the rest of their show added, then how much does that add?

I think that adding a closer, cleaning stuff, AND also tweaking and refining the skeleton (cavaliers) garners more points than cleaning stuff, AND also tweaking and refining the skeleton (Bac).

...so no... I'm not wrong, I'm just not thinking from the same place you are thinking...

16 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I didn't say that Boston wouldn't add anything too. I'm saying that when the Cavaliers add the missing portions of their show music, they're going to likely get a big jump inscore from that, which might even out the scoring.

So, it is a 1.5 points spread as things were last they met. If Cavaliers have the rest of their show added, then how much does that add?

I think that adding a closer, cleaning stuff, AND also tweaking and refining the skeleton (cavaliers) garners more points than cleaning stuff, AND also tweaking and refining the skeleton (Bac).

...so no... I'm not wrong, I'm just not thinking from the same place you are thinking...

I understand what you are saying in a hopeful manner for the Cavaliers. . I responded above to your assessment that Boston is " drill  complete and playing their entire show ". But they arnt.  That was my main reply to your assessment re the Boston Crusaders.

Final word... lets just enjoy both corps shows, and not get overly hung up on placements between the two corps. Enjoy your Drum Corps summer across the spectrum of all the corps and the shows they have for us.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

DCI judging does not add anything to the score because a corps finished their show, unless what they added is better than what they had at their last show.  Adding a tune or production does not on its own raise the score.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think you can pay too much attention to the early season score and spreads. It has been almost three years since the judges have handed out a score at a DCI show. What is more important is the judges get the placement correct, and I think they did that. On Tuesday night, in my opinion, the only competitive spots were fourth and fifth. Blue Stars and Phantom could have swapped places and I would not have been surprised.

8 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

I don't think you can pay too much attention to the early season score and spreads. It has been almost three years since the judges have handed out a score at a DCI show. What is more important is the judges get the placement correct, and I think they did that. On Tuesday night, in my opinion, the only competitive spots were fourth and fifth. Blue Stars and Phantom could have swapped places and I would not have been surprised.

I think they got it wrong between BC and BAC going by your logic. Just my opinion. Other years I would have said different.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

I understand what you are saying in a hopeful manner for the Cavaliers. . I responded above to your assessment that Boston is " drill  complete and playing their entire show ". But they arnt.  That was my main reply to your assessment re the Boston Crusaders.

Final word... lets just enjoy both corps shows, and not get overly hung up on placements between the two corps. Enjoy your Drum Corps summer across the spectrum of all the corps and the shows they have for us.

I'm rooting for Boston just as much as Cavies, I'm just noting how close the Cavaliers are to them whilst the Cavaliers are a hot mess and Boston is NOT a hot mess.

Honestly, SCV is a hot mess too, and I think all three corps mentioned are going to be off the hook good by the end of the season. 

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, purenjoyment said:

It has been only one show. Isn't it too early to draw conclusions ?

Well,

You'd be missing part of the point of DCP if you leave it at this....

Part of the "fun" of DCP is talking about how the shows stack up from venue to venue.

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm rooting for Boston just as much as Cavies, I'm just noting how close the Cavaliers are to them whilst the Cavaliers are a hot mess and Boston is NOT a hot mess.

Honestly, SCV is a hot mess too, and I think all three corps mentioned are going to be off the hook good by the end of the season. 

Disagree that Cavaliers and SCV are “ a hot mess “ . Both had most of their show ready for the 1st show . I was surprised that Blue Stars topped Cavaliers in brass as Cavaliers were hyping their brass line this preseason . The biggest surprise was Phantom Regiment as they were closer to Cavaliers than I thought they would be . But I would not read too much into these 1st shows , as judges are just getting their first look with them all . 

• Like 2