Ok. So earlier before the start of the season i saw Boston pre-season run through, yes i like elements of it, but i had qualms with it and i just couldn't clearly say what it was. I was waiting for the premier to view it again to see how i would feel. Yes the Talent, Battery and Brass excites me but i was just on the fence with the show in general. So little after i figured out a reason why, while i just wanted to get pass that uncertain nuance feeling i was feeling, because i really want to cheer them on. Yes, i recognized this show is actually an higher level than their past shows, but maybe was too critical unintentionally.

I actually did enjoy it, but after last night i place Bc, Cav, Phantom as my favorites of the night. This morning i watched again, i can certainly say, this show CAN MEDAL! it has all the elements and talent to. It depends on how well they can push themselves through the season to rise along or above those top tier groups. Lets see.

39 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Ok. So earlier before the start of the season i saw Boston pre-season run through, yes i like elements of it, but i had qualms with it and i just couldn't clearly say what it was. I was waiting for the premier to view it again to see how i would feel. Yes the Talent, Battery and Brass excites me but i was just on the fence with the show in general. So little after i figured out a reason why, while i just wanted to get pass that uncertain nuance feeling i was feeling, because i really want to cheer them on. Yes, i recognized this show is actually an higher level than their past shows, but maybe was too critical unintentionally.

I actually did enjoy it, but after last night i place Bc, Cav, Phantom as my favorites of the night. This morning i watched again, i can certainly say, this show CAN MEDAL! it has all the elements and talent to. It depends on how well they can push themselves through the season to rise along or above those top tier groups. Lets see.

Boston has the talent, but imho the show design/GE isn’t there to medal. Also feel that when Cavies clean, add more clarity and layer they will move ahead of Boston (even with Crusaders cleaning). The Cavaliers were very dirty and fielded an incomplete show last night amongst many other issues. As another poster stated “if Boston doesn’t 3 point the Cavaliers tonight, there’s going to be issues.”

• Like 5

Came over here to say -- LOVE "What a Wonderful World"!  Nice!!!

2 hours ago, tommynev said:

Thank you! I sat on the 35 last year about ten rows from the field and Boston's amps were deafening. Like painfully loud

The electronics was so loud in the closer for Bluecoats last nite   , that the movie patrons in my theatre could likely hear it out in Top Gun movie showing,  35 yards away in the next section over  😃

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

Boston has the talent, but imho the show design/GE isn’t there to medal. Also feel that when Cavies clean, add more clarity and layer they will move ahead of Boston (even with Crusaders cleaning). The Cavaliers were very dirty and fielded an incomplete show last night amongst many other issues. As another poster stated “if Boston doesn’t 3 point the Cavaliers tonight, there’s going to be issues.”

I said this to people I know last night. Boston could win Brass, Drums and Guard and still not win on Finals night. They play and spin fantastically but the show doesn't move the needle for me right now. It is missing the "IT" factor.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

Not saying they will! That's different from thinking they can. I was saying the same as you and shutting them out of that conversation, but i don't think that's fair to them this year, because all i am saying is the POTENTIAL is there, whether you agree, accept or not, I still think they can medal IF..........., In other  words the elements are there for sure, they can pull out all the necessary stops to develop and make exceptional changes to maximize it with the talent they have, i don't see why they cant. I think they deserve bringing into the conversation this year.

4 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

I said this to people I know last night. Boston could win Brass, Drums and Guard and still not win on Finals night. They play and spin fantastically but the show doesn't move the needle for me right now. It is missing the "IT" factor.

You said it perfectly.. And all i am saying is, The potential is real and alive and they deserve that kind of chattering this year.

13 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

I always approach GE and Visual with the phrase what makes this production special? How dimensional is it! IMO music, staging, color, motion, movement, integration and performance are the only considerations.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danby510 said:

Didn’t Boston already do this show concept in the past?

In 2009, they presented the show "The Core of Temptation" and while the themes may seem similar, the music is completely different, as are the staff, management and membership.