BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I like their show.  I still think they’ll win.  They’ll tweak, clean, and layer.   It’s all speculation on June 20th.    The old man had Cavies in 4th in 2004 after seeing a pre show rehearsal in Oswego.  I still laugh about that. 😂 

Remember 2011 when most people here on DCP had BD finishing as low as 7th after the first couple shows in Texas that year? Like you I still laugh about that one. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

My son is part of that DCI Performers Secret Society where they share vids amongst each other on private sites. So we watched it last night. Boston is for real. Are they ready for my beloved Devils................we will see. But Boston isn't messing around i will tell you that. 

I will try to PM you the Boston link so you can see for yourself. Give me some time though. I am currently at Gold's rehearsal watching my son. 

ENJOY Gold! I plan on doing so with much vigor!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

IDK, Poppy I am going to have to pushback on this one. That Boston show is no joke. I am not saying gold medal worthy, cause the season hasn't kicked off and i haven't seen everyone. But they are for real. 

It's funny cause normally we agree 99% of the time. I guess this is the 1% for 2022 lol. 

For me, it’s really moving to see Boston in the thick of things. 

2000 was the year I came home from my high school’s preseason marching band camp (my first year marching) and, basically by accident, turned the TV to PBS and caught my first glimpse of DCI championships.

As people who were around back then remember, that was a MAJOR year for Boston (and also a great year for someone to encounter BD, Cadets, Cavs, SCV, and PR for the first time). Because of that, Boston always been a top tier corps to me, and watching Bloo and Crown ascend over the years, I’ve always thought: Boston next. I love being right! 

That said — I hope BD eats those clam chowders for lunch. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Keep preaching brother. Well said. 

I know in 2015 when i first saw INK at the family day, i thought BD was in trouble, not taking into account that was just a raw turkey they put on the field that night. By August, it was a Thanksgiving meal.

I should have known better to NEVER doubt my beloved Devils.........but even sometimes us hardcore BD Honks have to be reminded to never underestimate the big dog who runs the yard.  

Trust me, few years BD preseason preview have me scratching my head until i caught up with their process, after that i have developed confidence and it's like i allow my mind to become one with theirs kind of Lol. I understand the approach!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

For me, it’s really moving to see Boston in the thick of things. 

2000 was the year I came home from my high school’s preseason marching band camp (my first year marching) and, basically by accident, turned the TV to PBS and caught my first glimpse of DCI championships.

As people who were around back then remember, that was a MAJOR year for Boston (and also a great year for someone to encounter BD, Cadets, Cavs, SCV, and PR for the first time). Because of that, Boston always been a top tier corps to me, and watching Bloo and Crown ascend over the years, I’ve always thought: Boston next. I love being right! 

That said — I hope BD eats those clam chowders for lunch. 

2000 was a sick year for drum corps. The top five, i would put them up against any top five from any other year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lyndakay27 said:

Every BD show except for one will be on Flo. Will be fun to watch the progress. 

Yes... It will be a revelation... Lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

2000 was a sick year for drum corps. The top five, i would put them up against any top five from any other year. 

2000 was *so* sick. Great year to become a fan. And an amazing year to start looking backwards while you waited for the next season. I immediately bought the VHS’s (lol) for ‘95-‘00… It’s no wonder I became a BD/SCV superfan with those years as my intro. I mean, come on. And being there for the dawn of the Cavies era…  Great moment. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

2000 was *so* sick. Great year to become a fan. And an amazing year to start looking backwards while you waited for the next season. I immediately bought the VHS’s (lol) for ‘95-‘00… It’s no wonder I became a BD/SCV superfan with those years as my intro. I mean, come on. And being there for the dawn of the Cavies era…  Great moment. 

Bro I always think about BDs 2000 percussion and what could have possibly been. 

Looking at the 2000 finals recaps, BD was on par step for step with Cadets/Cavies in every caption.........until percussion where Cavies and Cadets go 1-2..........BD is 6th. Ouch. If BDs drums would have been up to snuff, we would have had a three horse race for the gold. 

Methods of Madness is one of the most slept on BD shows. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Bro I always think about BDs 2000 percussion and what could have possibly been. 

Looking at the 2000 finals recaps, BD was on par step for step with Cadets/Cavies in every caption.........until percussion where Cavies and Cadets go 1-2..........BD is 6th. Ouch. If BDs drums would have been up to snuff, we would have had a three horse race for the gold. 

Methods of Madness is one of the most slept on BD shows. 

The finals week personnel situation w/r/t the bass line couldn’t have helped.