BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

I wish I had a way to watch the video, but I’m sure I’ll get the chance to livestream it this week (crazy we can now finally say that!) if this show has a lot of love for the mellophone section it could easily become my favorite BD show of all time!

On 8/31/2021 at 1:41 PM, theonlyfizzle said:

Blue Devils' nation. What do you expect from the 2022 edition of BD returning to the field ? What changes would you like to see, and what predictions do you hold in regards to music writing and selections ? Will there be a shift in design approach, and how influential do you think they "might" become in the current/post pandemic of the activity? Will there be a shift with the organization, changing and morphing into a bigger and a better entity that they are now, expanding and growing way stronger; Or do we see a dwindling down of who BD is for past many years ? For discussion sake, let's discuss and answer some of these questions and let's talk about our expectations and predictions. 

Will we see a WOW BD production for 2022 ? Or Will it be the WTF! BD show. What's your thoughts on this ? What type of shows do you like most of BD ? 

Ps. Even the bashers are welcome to give their thoughts 🤪 I'm most interested to know what you think.

As someone who actively roots against the “dynasties” of sports, from the Pats, to the Warriors(Bay Area, wooo!), to Real Madrid, to the Yankees, even the most unabashed of haters have a begrudging respect for them. It’s no different in DCI, and I do definitely respect what Blue Devils do over the years as all of us BD hater’s fandom starts to mature, I am unsure how I can really feel an impact from their show this year more than finding their musical selection cool and intriguing, it’s just tough for me to get into their shows oftentimes. But of course, like all the dynasties named, they endure. And everyone wants to spell doom and gloom for them when it’s far too early to do so, they will do great this season competitively, and for many to come. I am rooting for other corps to beat them, but hey we’re all glad to have them all coming back in what is going to be, more than likely, an insane season to watch and follow👀👀👀

Edit: For actual predictions in captions, visual, guard, and GE are top 3 minimum, people’s eyes turn when they’re not either 1st in both ‘cause that might mean they lose the title that year, but I’m just going on what I think the worst case scenario might be and going from there

Music: the analysis category is one they kinda struggle the most with usually, so maybe they sink to 4th at their lowest possible placing caption probably of their finals run with so many corps wanting to come out swinging in that respect, along with brass. Percussion should be top 3 minimum, that’s such a strength of theirs👀

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
Adding on to my thoughts
  • Like 1

I’m not sure where this video is floating around but we will see everyone soon enough. 

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Just saw Boston's show. Real recognizes real.............Boston is a legit contender in 2022. 

Chief, I'm glad you think so ...but how in the heck did you see a video?? They have been extremely careful in that regard.

16 hours ago, lyndakay27 said:

One is the center, too, I just saw. Then he walks off with other guard behind like they are moving something 

Their arms are posed like the Harlequins at the start of Ghostlight, who carried the red drape thingys.

• Like 1

The brass seems to have better, richer tone.  Is that due to the change to Conn Selner horns?

• Like 2