Bluecoats 2022

On 7/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, Jeff Ream said:

i'm an ######## regardless of generation

Whatever those hashmarks are covering up.... They're true...

Here’s a hot take. If I’m wrong, then I’ll know where to kiss it. We’ll see in the coming days. Of course I know every corps is wanting to take the utmost precautions with health guidelines. But if I were a cheeky little designer, I’d probably say do a standstill… keep everyone safe. When they’re really just rehearsing for an updated closer that’s just not quite there yet. Maybe not the most ethical way of withholding information, but am I terrible person for saying I wouldn’t be surprised?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, squarepush said:

Here’s a hot take. If I’m wrong, then I’ll know where to kiss it. We’ll see in the coming days. Of course I know every corps is wanting to take the utmost precautions with health guidelines. But if I were a cheeky little designer, I’d probably say do a standstill… keep everyone safe. When they’re really just rehearsing for an updated closer that’s just not quite there yet. Maybe not the most ethical way of withholding information, but am I terrible person for saying I wouldn’t be surprised?

Would be quite dumb. It only disadvantages a corps to have less reads on their show by judges, especially those that will be present championship weekend. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Would be quite dumb. It only disadvantages a corps to have less reads on their show by judges, especially those that will be present championship weekend. 

I agree especially this year. However, given the very competitive nature of.. really the entire top 12 this year, NOT taking time off to edit and keep up is just as detrimental. With that I’m thinking of crown, although crown may just not have as much to offer as the others. It seems like a sears catalogue show buy it and build it and it’s done. Whereas Bluecoats I can give them the benefit of the doubt to believe they likely really DO have something more to offer. 

edit: ALSO, given that the bluecoats sort of set the precedent for gatekeeping show details, names, unis, you name it. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they were harmlessly “pulling our leg”

Edited by squarepush
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, squarepush said:

I have the same doubts. They’ve had holes since Whitewater. I doubt much has changed on that front.

The Top 5 is very competitive and I don’t think Bloo wants to get hard slotted before a final ending is put on. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Logan Dingus said:

I have the same doubts. They’ve had holes since Whitewater. I doubt much has changed on that front.

The Top 5 is very competitive and I don’t think Bloo wants to get hard slotted before a final ending is put on. 

Yes, the the top 5 are monsters. I think Bluecoats really do have a championship show, it has it all. There are just too many other corps doing what they do too maybe just a little better this way or that way. It doesn’t mean that truly any of the top 5 don’t have gold material. It is because of this chaos I think BC is trying to definitely regroup. Like I said they have a champion show, but it’s not agreeing to the sheets. I also don’t mean to say my “theory” is because bluecoats are so insecure about placements and this and that. I just think they didn’t get the reaction they expected (score wise) and are DEFINITELY tweaking it. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, squarepush said:

I had the exact same thought.  This the the week we often see a lot of changes/adds ... I bet the show we see Friday night from Bloo will have some new surprises.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:22 PM, squarepush said:

You're not a terrible person.

I would strongly consider making this call. It's not unethical to gauge and adapt the revealing of a show design updates at all, especially when it benefits member safety.

It's not about the scores. There's no shame in providing the audience with a class-act stand still while keeping your cards close. Screw the judges. It's about the MM creative progression. The anticipation for a show design reveal is SO F'N FUN it's unreal.

Besides why throw in updates in rainy weather? Double the risk? No thanks.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:58 AM, Tony Flores said:

Bluecoats members reading mean tweets and comments 

This is hysterical. I’m glad they are being such good sports about it. I gotta say, “Playing a keytar in front of a picture of Dale Earnhardt” is the best comment I have read on twitter in a long time. #brilliant

• Like 1
  • Haha 1