Bluecoats 2022

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

Tonight, the 400+ alumni corps and the 165 2022 corps will combine forces at the McKinley Memorial in Canton for the "1812 Overture" with cannons and fireworks.  Think 50 Yamaha tubas will be enough? 🙂

Just finished watching a live stream. They did 3 tunes of the alumni corps show. Some warm up ensemble pieces. 2022 full show. Encore tunes. Then 1812. 

I'm not sure there are words to describe the experience of listening to this megacorps. Cannot wait until semis. 

• Like 5

My hats off to the Bluecoats staff and performers for their arrangement of Taizo from Forq.  Simply fantastic, both musically and visually.  Way to go!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 9:38 PM, mingusmonk said:

Just finished watching a live stream. They did 3 tunes of the alumni corps show. Some warm up ensemble pieces. 2022 full show. Encore tunes. Then 1812. 

I'm not sure there are words to describe the experience of listening to this megacorps. Cannot wait until semis. 

Actually We did the first 2 pieces from our Alumni show which consists of 5 pieces all together.  We just split the second piece into 2 parts because we haven't worked out the tempo change into the third part of that tune.

I see Bloo is getting a head start on the 2022 DCI Yard Sale.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I see Bloo is getting a head start on the 2022 DCI Yard Sale.

How much for Dennis Hopper? That'd look pretty cool in the man cave. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

How much for Dennis Hopper? That'd look pretty cool in the man cave. 

You can get the entire lot for $122,043, Dennis included. Didn't see a separate price just for Mr Hopper. 

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

You can get the entire lot for $122,043, Dennis included. Didn't see a separate price just for Mr Hopper. 

Awesome. Think they'll take a check? 

• Haha 1