Bluecoats 2022

Just went to their ensemble rehearsal and there are some insane listening environment demands.

So amazing to see them put it together.

• Like 5

On 7/30/2022 at 9:25 AM, henry7184 said:

I just can't get this show out of my mind. It's just so amazing. 

I can't get any Bluecoats show out of my mind and that's why they're my favorite.

• Like 2

Bluecoats shared this on their YouTube today. The Keytar soloist talks about how this came to be. I had no idea that he wrote his own part and has the freedom to improv. Would explain why it sounds different at every show I’ve seen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Oh that's great.  He's a Berklee College of Music student.  Yeah. I roomed with a grad of that school who was in a band when I lived up in Boston so I got to be around a fair few of those folks over time.  They cultivate a lot of good musical creativity. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Bluecoats shared this on their YouTube today. The Keytar soloist talks about how this came to be. I had no idea that he wrote his own part and has the freedom to improv. Would explain why it sounds different at every show I’ve seen.

I was right in front of him at ensemble this afternoon and as he says in the video, the listening environment is crazy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Bird said:

That's a wonderful feature.

I wish they would do one for the voice talent person, too. He needs some credit, because the narration is very well done. Like, perfect inflections and timing. (I can't believe I'm saying that about a DCI show's narration.)

My favorite lines are "...but I wasn't the one driving," and "...and remember, words are actions too." Flawless voice work.

• Like 3

Bluecoats woke up noticed they needed to change stuff to stay competitive with Crown and SCV. Bloo is now putting up a fight and is gonna fight tooth and nail to stay in the top 3. i think they can pull it off. 

Edited by Ashontheinternet
spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Bird said:

And rehearsing in an Akira tshirt to boot! I love him!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1