Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

3 minutes ago, ShortyRock said:

As BAC fixing their electronics issue, it started drizzling.  The BAC was also talking to Decarlo pointing at the sky.  Then, while they were performing the drizzle started coming down a little harder and harder.  In the meantime, BD started pulling up in preparation, and then midway through BAC performance, BD disappeared.  The radar showed a heavy downpour coming with possible lightning.

Separately, regarding you're intermission comment, you are young aren't you?  lol  People need bathrooms but don't want to miss performances... 

Thanks. Like I said it seemed precautionary, I really couldn't see the weather situation from the camera much. I was basing it off the last show when I saw the hoods go on, and the delay was almost immediate. 

As for the intermissions, yeah I get that. I spoke a bit ignorantly saying they're dumb en masse, it was a dead pan joke. We all hate intermission. Different protocols should be made when there's weather issues, though. 

• Like 4

As I said on show thread, had they nixed the 2nd x-mission, I honestly believe Crown & BD could have snuck in their runs.

While I fully support the ceremony for Crown Hall of Fame inductees, coulda been done during scoring calc’s instead of encores.

Rondo said no curfews tonight. 

Reliable Rondo let us down😞

6 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Carolina Crown -- as Crown fans.

I think the forum lets you start new threads if you want to discuss Crown differently. Give it a try. Thx!

Someone tried starting a thread about the Cavies (if I’m remembering correctly) as a way to hype them up for their upcoming performance coming out of the Covid break. The mods promptly locked the thread since a Cavies thread already exists. Let’s let the mods play moderator 🙂 The ignore button is a great way to moderate things on your end. Give it a try. Thx!

• Like 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

Someone tried starting a thread about the Cavies (if I’m remembering correctly) as a way to hype them up for their upcoming performance coming out of the Covid break. The mods promptly locked the thread since a Cavies thread already exists. Let’s let the mods play moderator 🙂 The ignore button is a great way to moderate things on your end. Give it a try. Thx!

My Ignore list grows every day. I've even taken some folks off the list as a trial run, but it's hardly any time at all before they're back in limbo.

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

The second Cavies thread got shut down because its stated purpose was pretty much exactly the same as the main Cavies thread, hype and discussion of their progress and outlook.  

CrownBariDad is free to make suggestions to improve the quality of our discussion as long as he doesn’t violate the rules, which is up to the moderators.  Let’s let the mods play moderator.  Give it a try. Thx!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did count all the app lights from a San Antonio screen cap = 2,346.  If anyone is interested. 🤡

Edited by BWise
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

The second Cavies thread got shut down because its stated purpose was pretty much exactly the same as the main Cavies thread, hype and discussion of their progress and outlook.  

CrownBariDad is free to make suggestions to improve the quality of our discussion as long as he doesn’t violate the rules, which is up to the moderators.  Let’s let the mods play moderator.  Give it a try. Thx!

Touché!

22 minutes ago, BWise said:

I did count all the app lights from a San Antonio screen cap = 2,346.  If anyone is interested. 🤡

Don't get out much, do you. 🙂

The Wife used the app but really wanted to watch the performance as it was her first viewing of Crown live.

As we've seen, the app flashes the phone light during the count down. She said it also prompts you to clap in rhythm and to do finger snaps (she said it's supposed to be a rain sound).

There were also some swirly colored lights from time to time -- probably escaped from Bloo's show. 

• Haha 3