Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

10 minutes ago, BWise said:

This is a backhanded compliment maybe .. I’m used to seeing mostly #1 ordinals for BD.  Music they were beat by BAC and Crown Saturday. Visual they were beat by BAC Saturday. GE they hold down the top 3 scores. To me this is not consistent with prior years. I’m not used to seeing a 3rd place guard and yes they got beat Saturday night with a third place Brass. .. not slamming them. They know how to do what they do.  But those are surprising ordinals to me. 

Of course they are the most consistent over the last two decades. 

I stand corrected in brass. BD was beaten fair and square Saturday night in brass. No excuses.

I guess when I think inconsistent, I think 1st to 5th, then 2nd, then 6th, back to 1st, then 3rd, etc...........

But I understand and respect your point of view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, wigwam said:

In my view, the Crown message thread is the most interesting.  I guess the drama helps.  

It's certainly one of the more entertaining (or tiresome, depending on how you look at it) threads. 

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Just eyeballed some of this season's thread stats.

What is it about the Crown thread that attracts so much attention? Most views, most replies, most pages. Only a few show threads can keep up.

One would think BD's thread (heading to another undefeated season and another championship) and BAC's thread (on an historic run this year) would be getting all the attention.

Just seems strange to me. 

Crown <- The new Cadets

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wigwam said:

In my view, the Crown message thread is the most interesting.  I guess the drama helps.  

Old Chinese curse -- May you live on interesting threads. 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

What is it about the Crown thread that attracts so much attention? Most views, most replies, most pages. Only a few show threads can keep up.

Simple answer:  placement is a zero sum game.  If you want your corps to move up, someone has to move down; Crown seems to be everyone's favorite target (well except for BD -- hell they have their own "hope you fail" acronym! ).  Now.. why is that?  You'll need to ask the non-Crownies who constantly post here why they simultaneously say "I'm a big fan of Crown" and then predict "6th place".  It's been happening since 2009.  :confused:

Edited by karuna
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, BWise said:

I like the “unlikely” but possibility implied .. as we all know 2013 was pulled off with a #6 perc line and #2 guard .. so GE has to save the day. 
I’ve been a little disappointed with the talk that Crown is failing or “over” talk lately. I don’t know when a 3/4 finish is failing. I’m a little torn  .. do you simplify and really execute the heck out of it (kinda the BAC strategy) or do you keep pushing these very technically and musically challenging shows. Why is perc such a challenge .. for years at Crown?  

I’ve not given up on the season for sure. Devils are uncharacteristically inconsistent this season even tho undefeated. And does the BAC show max out. Idk. If Crown stays healthy I think they do pretty well. 

Stay the course.  Clean the snot out of every count.  Good things will happen.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

One would think BD's thread (heading to another undefeated season and another championship) and BAC's thread (on an historic run this year) would be getting all the attention.

Just seems strange to me. 

Actually, I prefer to think that the CrownLAND thread draws an inordinate amount of attention/views due primarily to the erudite nature of the of the Crown regular contributors and cognoscenti. We know our way around the OED and are masters of a thesaurus. A split infinitive is anathema to us. Some of us—yours truly notwithstanding—have actual corps bona fides.

Or we’re one of the most hyper sensitive groups on DCP. We’ll generally over react to just about any comment that could be even remotely construed as criticism.

I’ll be here the rest of the season. Don’t forget to tip your server & don’t drink & drive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Actually, I prefer to think that the CrownLAND thread draws an inordinate amount of attention/views due primarily to the erudite nature of the of the Crown regular contributors and cognoscenti. We know our way around the OED and are masters of a thesaurus. A split infinitive is anathema to us. Some of us—yours truly notwithstanding—have actual corps bona fides.

Or we’re one of the most hyper sensitive groups on DCP. We’ll generally over react to just about any comment that could be even remotely construed as criticism.

I’ll be here the rest of the season. Don’t forget to tip your server & don’t drink & drive.

So the short version -- CrownLAND is where the Drum Corps elite hang their hats

OR

We are adept at feeding the trolls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

So the short version -- CrownLAND is where the Drum Corps elite hang their hats

OR

We are adept at feeding the trolls.

Much more succinct than my faux, grandiose prose.

Well said, kind Sir👍

• Like 1