Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

Just now, Brass Lover said:

...Anyways, anyone know if Crown has any big additions or changes for tonight? It's been a bit since we last saw them so I wonder if they have anything up their sleeve for this final stretch. 

I'm wondering the same. I'm so glad Crown and Vanguard are tonight. Sad I missed Bluecoats (I'll catch them on the replay and not watch anyone else from last night). To me, two of the most entertaining three of the year are tonight. I'll be watching the closer to see if there is anything new there from both Vanguard and Crown.

I think you have some highly preconceived notions and very broad generalizations. If you want to be that person .. be that person. But don’t expect people to agree with you. I think you’re totally off base that the fans set unrealistic expectations for the corps and then they fail and feel bad. Drum Corps is a very tough activity on all fronts for the participants and I don’t think they’re crying over some thread in DCP. 
Crown has been one of if not the most successful new corps in the activity. So they are not failing .. they put great content on the field .. their members love it and let’s face it DCI fans in general react very positively. So .. do what you gotta do. If trolling around over here is your thing. By all means. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

...Anyways, anyone know if Crown has any big additions or changes for tonight? It's been a bit since we last saw them so I wonder if they have anything up their sleeve for this final stretch. 

I was wondering same.  I did not see anything new in a video from Salem.  If they do add anything, I hope it's not more fabric. 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DWW11 said:

My point exactly!  Crown always has amazing talent, but their show designs always seem very “marching band-ish” rather than drum corps. 

All I can say is that their shows aren’t usually as appealing to me as others in the past, but this show is super-enjoyable to me. As far as I’m concerned, it’s the best since the Common Good show. 

And it doesn’t count for nothing that Crown topped Bluecoats at their last common competition, and Bluecoats are nipping at Boston’s heels judging from last night’s competition.

I say let Crown do Crown. Seems to be working!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I didn't laugh at you publicly, but I was laughing at you. Who is laughing now? Haha. So happy for BAC. What a banner year for them. I didn't believe the hype when I first saw a video of them, but they sure have proven me wrong. 

All good. At least you are man enough to admit it. One poster PM'd me and told me I had no clue what I was talking about, and BAC would be lucky to finish 6th. I responded to him last week to see if he was warming up his plate of crow in the microwave. Shockingly, he didn't respond back. Gee I wonder why.........

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

And it doesn’t count for nothing that Crown topped Bluecoats at their last common competition, and Bluecoats are nipping at Boston’s heels judging from last night’s competition.

No. I don't think it does count. What we saw last night (in Allentown) was that Atlanta scoring was an anomaly. Boston is right back to where they were, spread wise, from BD as they were before Atlanta. Bluecoats beat Crown before Atlanta. I would put more stock in Murfreesboro than Atlanta. I do believe Bluecoats made a move narrowing the gap with Boston, but I believe that move is also going to solidify Bluecoats in the top 3 and Crown out of the top 3. There's always a maybe and a might so we'll have to see what happens.

Edited by henry7184

28 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

All good. At least you are man enough to admit it. One poster PM'd me and told me I had no clue what I was talking about, and BAC would be lucky to finish 6th. I responded to him last week to see if he was warming up his plate of crow in the microwave. Shockingly, he didn't respond back. Gee I wonder why.........

LOL. I'm wrong all the time. Easy to admit.

Fair play, but had I decided to respond to you, I would have said, "BAC would be lucky to finish 5th." I was never dumb enough to think they wouldn't finish top 6, LOL.

But, had I said that, I would have eaten crow, like I did to Craiga. I wasn't mean to him or anything, but I definitely countered his "BAC will be in the top" comments. 

Being wrong is easy. Admitting it and being happy about it are two different things. And, I'm over the moon happy for BAC. I just tear up when I think about how thrilled and happy those young people must be, and how proud the staff must be of them.

It's like 1990 finals. The BEST thing about the entire broadcast was watching Star's staff on the front sidelines going absolutely bonkers during the closer. I tear up even thinking about it, much less watching it. I think I would have been bawling like a baby if I were on their staff just being so overwhelmed with pride in what those kids accomplished. For me, it was one of those great moments in history. I imagine BAC's staff feels the same.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, runyancm said:

I was wondering same.  I did not see anything new in a video from Salem.  If they do add anything, I hope it's not more fabric. 😁

I hope what we see is lots of visual dirt removed from the show!  Untapped visual potential is killing me.  You can't give a visual judge any easy targets.  They will just latch on and talk about that for a full minute and meanwhile miss the rest of the show (and I'm only half kidding -- heard too many tapes where it's clear it does happen).  Make them work to find something new.  Judges are human beings (well -- most of them :biggrin:) and like all human beings suck at multi-tasking.  Distractions are death.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, karuna said:

I hope what we see is lots of visual dirt removed from the show!  Untapped visual potential is killing me.  You can't give a visual judge any easy targets.  They will just latch on and talk about that for a full minute and meanwhile miss the rest of the show (and I'm only half kidding -- heard too many tapes where it's clear it does happen).  Make them work to find something new.  Judges are human beings (well -- most of them :biggrin:) and like all human beings suck at multi-tasking.  Distractions are death.  

This^^^

Usually crown has some of the cleanest drill out there…pretty sketchy this year.  Must be all that streamer work… 😉