Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

17 minutes ago, BWise said:

Me too .. I just can’t walk past it. I am fine until it gets mean spirited. (Which is often) 
I just hope I’m not alienating the Crown resident population here. Some regulars have clearly bugged out. 
I see those numbers .. here is hoping! 

Please. You’ve more than made your bones in CrownLAND.

La tua famiglia.

2 hours ago, henry7184 said:

You think 2009 and 2015 were cheesy? 2009 is probably my favorite Crown show. 2013 was majestic and brilliant, but I agree the whole "John" (was that his name?) thing was cheesy, gross and made me want to puke. But, I forgave John and was so glad they won that year. Honestly the first minute and 40 seconds of that show (after the pre-show warmup) would make me forgive anything that was to follow. Aside from John, I thought the show was amazing. I also could have liked 2016, but it just made me miss Star as I felt they did Respighi much better.

2009 and 2015 weren’t inherently cheesy shows, but the closers certainly were 

1 hour ago, karuna said:

I hope what we see is lots of visual dirt removed from the show!  Untapped visual potential is killing me.  You can't give a visual judge any easy targets.  They will just latch on and talk about that for a full minute and meanwhile miss the rest of the show (and I'm only half kidding -- heard too many tapes where it's clear it does happen).  Make them work to find something new.  Judges are human beings (well -- most of them :biggrin:) and like all human beings suck at multi-tasking.  Distractions are death.  

I do wonder how possible it will be to remove the visual dirt before finals. Cleaning up all the work they do with the colorful fabrics is going to be really challenging. It’s very exposed and even the slightest amount of dirt will show very easily 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I do wonder how possible it will be to remove the visual dirt before finals. Cleaning up all the work they do with the colorful fabrics is going to be really challenging. It’s very exposed and even the slightest amount of dirt will show very easily 

Good question. It won’t be easy .. we’ll see how far they’ve gotten tonight after several days off. So much exposed stuff in general. Speaking of cheese. Just watched RachStar. Love love love it. 🤡

also I’m trying to make some amends if accepted. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

2009 and 2015 weren’t inherently cheesy shows, but the closers certainly were 

I thought they were magnifico. I'm a Beethoven junkie so that 2015 closer was one of my all time favorites and that guard was a miracle during the closer. That backfield video from Allentown is everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Yes. You all know how I feel about the design, but the demand is a whole other story. This show is so demanding, I’m with you, I just don’t know how possible it is going to be to clean it in the next week.

One thing I hope is they don’t change a note of the music from the crown set until the end.

4 hours ago, runyancm said:

I was wondering same.  I did not see anything new in a video from Salem.  If they do add anything, I hope it's not more fabric. 😁

Seems like you may be disappointed, then.

• Confused 1

I don't really care what their score is tonight. I just want to see a really strong performance, a noticeable difference with the visual being a lot cleaner and a strong run from the percussion after rehearsing for the past three days AND to put SCV in the rearview mirror.

• Thanks 1

Recent off topic comments have been removed, please refer to the Guidelines and try to keep the Crown discussion civil.  We would hate to have to close the thread and issue suspensions this close to the end of the season.

Your cooperation and cordial contributions are greatly appreciated.