Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

My request to everyone in this thread, can we please breath deeply and stay respectful? 

In my opinion, this show has gold potential and it saddens me that there is so much negativity in this thread. As of recent we had moved past that energy in this thread.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion rather I love it or hate it.  With respect to Crown's app, all I can share is that in my experience its pretty cool and takes nothing away from the show.  Its a huge innovation and there will always be individuals who like or hate that.  As a reminder, not everyone likes Apple products and they have been innovative.  I used the app during rehearsal and loved it, but during the Saturday performance I didn't use it and the show still blew me away. 

-Carry on!😎  

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Now this is a hot take of mine: I am all for their inclusion🤐🤐🤐

Edit: i am a woodwind, gonna be a bit biased, but also won’t be moved on my stance on this either😁

Create a circuit with woodwinds inclusion, that's fine, but leave World Class alone.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

My request to everyone in this thread, can we please breath deeply and stay respectful? 

it saddens me that there is so much negativity in this thread.  

Yup. For a second there I thought I was on the Blue Devils thread here on DCP.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

I respect your opinion but this feels like kind of a reach, TBH. And I’m not one of those homers that gets offended anytime anyone says anything negative about Crown. I’ve been fairly vocal with my criticisms in the past. But this almost feels like finding something to be critical about just for the sake of it.

Fair enough. I think I need another read on it from Flo or something to make a better judgement. It just lost my interest at times ... not sure what else to say yet

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Create a circuit with woodwinds inclusion, that's fine, but leave World Class alone.

This definitely isn’t the thread to spark this debate on(wooo go crown wooo) but yeah I’ll only say that it doesn’t make much sense for one to do that, as there are already struggles in maintaining the world class corps’ tour demands as of late. But anyways, yeah there’s been too much skepticism and a bit of ridicule towards the show that many people say stands fine on its own and is a CONTENDER. I thought we were all happy to have dci back and that crown is picking up where they left off, but one little feature of the show in the app is enough to get people riled up, just enjoy it without it, another thing people KEEP saying.

43 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

I really want to get a read of this show from High Cam or perhaps just a more elevated angle, because I could hardly make out any of the drill as low of an angle it was viewed from. Also, I wonder how much of the talking electronic lady they will keep at each show. I would presume the countdown with the choreographed rifle tosses stay, but will all the "sound test" stuff be at every show? Also, does that count as preshow? Do we even do preshows anymore?

The voice telling folks to download the app, soundtrack, and countdown stuff is all pre-show.  None of that is judged and is just to get the audience hype.  The show starts with drill during the Love in my Heart tune.

Also, I heard BAC has some pre-show material so we might see a resurgence of it this year.

Really enjoying what I’m seeing so far from crown.  I was worried I wasn’t going to enjoy the rep repeats this year, but they have managed to keep it interesting. The uniforms remind me of some Star Wars fashion haha. 

• Like 1

Also as far as the app goes, if you don’t want to use it… don’t. It’s not that big of a deal. I’m losing my mind reading people freaking out over something they   can just not participate in LOL It seems a little gimmicky but hey, that’s show biz baby!