Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

Watched the show. Brass and guard are killer. Didn’t mind the app stuff. Not sure how I feel about all the ribbons and cloth, seems sloppy and busy. Wish the Benedictus section was more majestic from the guard. What an amazing piece of music, so not feeling the random dancing all over the field. Sometimes less is more.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sensioto said:

I really want to get a read of this show from High Cam or perhaps just a more elevated angle, because I could hardly make out any of the drill as low of an angle it was viewed from. Also, I wonder how much of the talking electronic lady they will keep at each show. I would presume the countdown with the choreographed rifle tosses stay, but will all the "sound test" stuff be at every show? Also, does that count as preshow? Do we even do preshows anymore?

I sent you a link to a higher camera angle.

1 hour ago, wigwam said:

I sent you a link to a higher camera angle.

🙏

On 6/18/2022 at 8:39 PM, nsxanax said:

Just listened to Benedictus on YT. 

Crown’s rendition of Alvan Silvestri’s Abyss brought tears to my eyes in ‘13. I’m betting I’ll need a box of Kleenex this year.

Hands down, early favorite for ballad of the summer.

…so I’m sitting in my car at lunch, getting my first read on a smart phone. While it was at least 91 degrees F—and I kid you not—I gotta slight chill during the ballad. With a low-fi, A/V set-up that was only incrementally better than my first transistor radio back in ‘67.

Yup. Full-on water worx come NightBEAT.

• Like 2