Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I’ve never really cared for themes. I couldn’t tell you what the vast majority of shows are about but I still love them. I’m don’t watch drum corps to keep up with a story or theme, I just watch it to be wow’d by the music and visuals

I'm not a huge story person either unless the story is well told and easy to follow. I love great music and great brass. I also love great drill. I guess I am an old head in a younger person's body. Was just trying to point out the differences in treatment between two or more corps over the past few competitive years. I singled out Bloo because they are the most predominant ones that go for a lot of visual eye candy and catchy music, so no disrespect to the corps itself. Their shows just haven't been my cup of tea since 2015 (maybe 2016).

17 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Watched Crown's ensemble rehearsal last night and the run of the show.
They are very good 🙂  but you all know that.

I like the show a lot.  "Benedictus" is a highlight for me...wish it was a little longer.

Closer is VERY cool!

Edited to add...front ensemble bass guitar (5 string) is a monster player, but not overbearing.  

Tonight's the night Bloo begins their 50th Anniversary tour.  Think it's going to be epic.

I concur.  I want "Benedictus" to restate a developed A section as in the original choral arrangement (@4:40) with all voices prior to the B section impact.  I'm sure it's just a time restraint issue; maybe a rewrite by finals?  But who am I...  (YouTube Certified)  The B section is going to be an incredible moment finals night!  (Also love Halley's "Toccata") 

:whistle::spitting:   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2

I, for one, think too much emphasis is being put in winning. I would much rather have the crowd screaming for me multiple times that sacrifice that for a trophy. I’m n ten years, no one will remember a boring show that won, but they will remember the show that made them cheer wildly. No one will remember a show with complicated musical passages, but they’ll hum the show that emotionally connected with them. If you have to sacrifice being remembered to win, I would much rather be remembered. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

I don't know about y'all... but after seeing the corps in Detroit last night, I feel even better about Crown's chances of having a great season. Even as Crown performed three days prior, the performance level from Crown seemed much more elevated to me than any of the six corps last night. I thought if Crown would have been in the mix last night, they win the show by at least a half a point or more. The energy from the hornline alone from the CrownLIVE premiere blew Bloo and BAC out of the water. Very interested to see Crown and Bloo go head-to-head on this coming Saturday. Methinks Crown will prevail. We shall see.

agreed

• Like 3

13 hours ago, squarepush said:

I think BAC is a very solid corps and can hang with many aspects of all the captions Crown has established themselves in. I predict they will be nipping on crown’s ankles. 

just based on videos - I've not seen either in person - I do not think Boston is going to be "nipping at Crown's ankles", but maybe a couple weeks from now I'll feel differently. I feel Crown's got them in GE, certainly in Brass as well as MA (by a mile IMO) and probably by a bit in visual. Guard is probably in Boston's favor, but Crown's guard appears, again just from video, to be quite strong this year.

• Like 5

The only caption I see anyone nipping at anybody's heals in is guard, and Crown is nipping at Boston's heels. Other than that, I believe Crown has them in every caption by a decent amount. 

• Like 6

Over on the Premiere show thread, the season is over. BD and Bloo take it all. No further competition necessary. Thank you for playing. 

Obviously I disagree. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Over on the Premiere show thread, the season is over. BD and Bloo take it all. No further competition necessary. Thank you for playing. 

Obviously I disagree. 

I think this show for Bloo will be like Jagged Line. Come out swinging, fizzle out halfway through the season, end up 3rd or 4th. I personally didn't like the show. At first I thought it was Smokey and the Bandit, and I was on board. Once it started it lost my attention so much over the course of the next 10 minutes. They need to change it to Smokey and the Bandit, and add in a Mello rip of "East Bound and Down". Then I'll be on board again. Sorely disappointed after 2019 and 2021. I say Crown will take them by seasons end. To me it's between BD and Crown. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Obviously I disagree. 

I agree too.  Its crazy how Crown is non existent in those threads. Anyway they just wait until Crowns first show.

Edited by rchitectburd23BD01
  • Like 5