2022 Season Predictions

8 hours ago, 3PoC said:

Incorrect. Bluecoats are the only undefeated drumline remaining at this point and have topped all of the top east/mid-west lines - BAC (Detroit), Cavies (Detroit), Crown (Kent). They have a quite a few vets (compared to some of the other top groups and are playing a very musical book at a high level.  Integration of battery with front ensemble is excellent. They are in the Sanford conversation until proven otherwise.

Fair enough these are facts. But I wouldn’t put a lot of faith on Detroit where things basically fall to the order of performance which was based on 2019 placements.  

9 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Fair enough these are facts. But I wouldn’t put a lot of faith on Detroit where things basically fall to the order of performance which was based on 2019 placements.  

Sure, all of these numbers to date are early reads and the drum judges are likely still getting used to how to best evaluate these ensembles from the front sideline as well.  But since Detroit, both Bloo and BAC have gone H2H with Crown once and both came out on top by .3. It will be interesting when everyone finally meets up next week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My top 5 based on the best info that I have access to:  1. Blue Devils  2.  Boston Crusaders  3. Carolina Crown   4. Bluecoats  5. Santa Clara Vanguard

• Like 1

I don’t like the bottom 6 of top 12 to be filled with “meh” so my projection of Colts being in the top 12 with Crossmen out(Texas corps too😢 but y’all are just so INCREDIBLY “meh” this year, I can’t root for y’all) bolster my hopes and liking of what the bottom 6 are offering, many of them having straight up “#### IT” vibes and just BLOWING and all being quite unique offerings amongst each other too. While BK is giving me very “meh” vibes, especially for a show called “VIBE” then being the only one of that descriptor is very good for a bottom six, at least lately haha. Colts, Blue Stars, Phantom, Cadets, Mandarins, I tip my cap off to y’all👍 I hope all of you guys make it to three nights in Indy. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

I don’t like the bottom 6 of top 12 to be filled with “meh” so my projection of Colts being in the top 12 with Crossmen out(Texas corps too😢 but y’all are just so INCREDIBLY “meh” this year, I can’t root for y’all) bolster my hopes and liking of what the bottom 6 are offering, many of them having straight up “#### IT” vibes and just BLOWING and all being quite unique offerings amongst each other too. While BK is giving me very “meh” vibes, especially for a show called “VIBE” then being the only one of that descriptor is very good for a bottom six, at least lately haha. Colts, Blue Stars, Phantom, Cadets, Mandarins, I tip my cap off to y’all👍 I hope all of you guys make it to three nights in Indy. 

My hopes are that Music City caps off the top 12. A hard road ahead of them to do so, but I hope they pull it off. If anyone falls out, I think it will be Blue Knights, though I haven't seen them since maybe their second time out. I just don't like that show...so much potential is a show called "Vibe" that has went to waste in my opinion...and I really started to love them too after their 2014 show...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

My hopes are that Music City caps off the top 12. A hard road ahead of them to do so, but I hope they pull it off. If anyone falls out, I think it will be Blue Knights, though I haven't seen them since maybe their second time out. I just don't like that show...so much potential is a show called "Vibe" that has went to waste in my opinion...and I really started to love them too after their 2014 show...

So you only liked their design team from that era then, not the corps? 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

I’m feeling quite vindicated (although to be fair I did backtrack) 

This really gave me a chuckle😂 in your first prediction post I didn’t even notice cavies being placed so low, more so just talking about Boston, and then I see shortly after you getting flamed! I was like 👀 they did actually say that😂

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

So you only liked their design team from that era then, not the corps? 😉

That’s a bit of a checkmate😂well played. For me, having any bit of knowledge about marching arts stuff began in 2014 so that era of BK is all I know and really liked, that doesn’t mean I’ll hate a corps though if they go a different direction. With that being said, I’m definitely not too big a fan of BK’s show this year haha, and I do like Crown from 2017 onward, besides “beast” it honestly didn’t do much for me