2022 Season Predictions

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Idk who will win.   But I would love to see a season where all the top-6 or so have equally good design, and it comes down to the performance on any given night.  

Re-watch the 1990 season. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

01. Blue Devils

02. Santa Clara Vanguard 

03. Bluecoats

04. Cavaliers

05. Carolina Crown

06. Boston Crusaders

07. Blue Stars

08. Mandarins

09. Cadets

10. Blue Knights

11. Phantom Regiment 

12. Crossmen

Edited by queenanne_1536

29 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

32 years is enough between such seasons 

I agree. Sadly, we are no in an activity where "any given night" applies so far. It's very predictable nowadays. We'll know right from the get go, within 1-2 places, where every corps is going to end up.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Narrow said:

Locking in my pre-season predictions, with colored tiers:

1. Bluecoats
2. Blue Devils

3. The Cavaliers
4. Boston Crusaders
5. Carolina Crown
6. Santa Clara Vanguard 

7. Blue Knights
8. The Cadets
9. Mandarins
10. Blue Stars

11. Phantom Regiment
12. Crossmen

I think Cavies should have been the only green corps.... just saying

• Like 1

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Only a moron wouldn't have a good vibe about the Blue Devils.

I’m not a moron as you so eloquently put it, but I do get a questioning vibe about BD with fewer than 30 returning BD vets. None of them in the percussion section.  130 new BD mm’s is a lot.  If the vibe is they’ll be good, there’s not much question.  But returning right to the top, I’m not so sure.  This could be their off year.  Even BD can have one.  And at that,  an off year could mean 3rd or 4th, which isn’t so “off”.

• Like 1

Y’all, the fact of the matter is this… none of us knows what’s going to happen this season, and it’s probably one of the biggest guessing games we’ve had in recent memory. We are 2 years removed from competition. The judges are going to be rusty, it’s going to take everyone a few weeks to get situated. My guess is we won’t have a clear picture until after San Antonio. 

To be perfectly honest, I really don’t care who wins, I just want to be entertained. If your corps can get my fat ### out of my seat and start cheering, you’re the winner. And there have been plenty of non champions to do that. I’m just glad to have a season back after everything we’ve been through these past several years. 

It’s all about perspective. 

And BTW, I’ve seen some video from Boston, They will be hanging out in the top tier this season. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I’m not a moron as you so eloquently put it, but I do get a questioning vibe about BD with fewer than 30 returning BD vets. None of them in the percussion section.  130 new BD mm’s is a lot.  If the vibe is they’ll be good, there’s not much question.  But returning right to the top, I’m not so sure.  This could be their off year.  Even BD can have one.  And at that,  an off year could mean 3rd or 4th, which isn’t so “off”.

If we’re talking true competitive vets on the field, every single corps is going to have that issue this season. I’ve seen it with Crown as well. That said, I think BD comes out of the gate as the favorite, and stays that way until someone knocks them off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I wasn't calling anyone specific a moron - just being tongue in cheek.

I hadn't heard they have only 30 returning vets. Where are you getting this information from? That seems like a ridiculously low number, but if they had an older corps in 2019 it's entirely possible.

Personally, I would love it if BD finished 4th-6th. Not that I have anything against BD, but after seeing them in the top 2 every season since 2007, it would be refreshing and perhaps exciting from a competitive standpoint to see a top 3 without them.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

And BTW, I’ve seen some video from Boston, They will be hanging out in the top tier this season. 

So you've seen Cavies, BD, Vanguard, Bluecoats and Crown as well? That's the whole point I'm trying to make. Without seeing all these top corps live none of us have any idea where anyone is going to be.

Edited by queenanne_1536