Santa Clara Vanguard 2022

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I was watching on high cam and missed the uniform switch as video compression often obliberates that sort of of thing when they're only a pixel or two. Heh.  

Probably too late to change but whatever Madison uses on those drum wraps to make that irridescent shine would be fantastic as still well within the theme.  Not just the 'let go let go let go' to nothingness that the journey on the wheel of samsara from dukkha to nirvana, but the 'nothing that is everything and everything that is nothing' the subltle 'everycolor' of iridescence makes.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47tmcgbh5vpktowui0yyt

Maybe this is why I'm feeling like the silver props are odd. I want them to match the rest of the color scheme in this rich complex way like you're suggesting?

6 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47tmcgbh5vpktowui0yyt

Maybe this is why I'm feeling like the silver props are odd. I want them to match the rest of the color scheme in this rich complex way like you're suggesting?

Ooh.  Iridescencent sheer scrim material in strips that drops and flows from the props.  Maybe with battery op mini fans to make it waft even indoors.  

Originally i wanted a loud color bomb to be part of this. ... but yeah it would not fit the show which is...finally ... becoming a bit more clear in the reads, it needs more though to really come through and explain to the viewer what this theme is about.

"volunteers, more trips to joanns and michaels please..."

Now i'm imagining the scene in Joanns' and Michaels stores across the tour stops where volunteers for different corps run into each other and are like "Dangit, we're too conspicous with two carts full of the same things!  Those ladies are wearing ____ shirts and are onto us and gonna tell!"  

That being said, they probably could just bulk order and have it shipped to someplace ahead of them for pick up.  

37 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Yes. Drumline first, after the ballad. Then hornline in the later movements. I actually like both reveals.

And don't worry. It makes sense for them to hold bigger color or a GE reveal for the tag ending that's not in yet. At least, the end of the closer reaaallly sets them up for one anyway.

🥰 Yes.

That's a good point. I remember in 2018 them adding that mello hit to the closer, which was already amazing, and it was like WHOOOOA. I really hope we see something more colorful. I would love it if they surprised everyone and medalled. I really like this show a lot. It's one of my favorites of the season.

I remember being in Seattle in 2004 and acting like a maniac when you guys beat BD. The 2004 show was so good. I LOVE Rimsky-Korsakov. He's one of my favorite composers and his operas are so underrated.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

That's a good point. I remember in 2018 them adding that mello hit to the closer, which was already amazing, and it was like WHOOOOA. I really hope we see something more colorful. I would love it if they surprised everyone and medalled. I really like this show a lot. It's one of my favorites of the season.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47wkmw5vrquedtwspvx8l

And they can totally do it.

18 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I remember being in Seattle in 2004 and acting like a maniac when you guys beat BD. The 2004 show was so good. I LOVE Rimsky-Korsakov. He's one of my favorite composers and his operas are so underrated.

Wow, I forgot that! But now that you mention it, I remember Myron being particularly proud of us that day. His praise was like mana from heaven at the time.

Loved the arrangement that year. Perfect synergy between drum and horn books.

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47wkmw5vrquedtwspvx8l

And they can totally do it.

Wow, I forgot that! But now that you mention it, I remember Myron being particularly proud of us that day. His praise was like mana from heaven at the time.

Loved the arrangement that year. Perfect synergy between drum and horn books.

Good story. Yes, I always want SCV to beat BD, LOL. It was so AMAZING at Stanford in 2018 to see all the SCV alumni with smiles from ear-to-ear and tears in their eyes over SCV beating BD that night - first time since 2007. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Good story. Yes, I always want SCV to beat BD, LOL. It was so AMAZING at Stanford in 2018 to see all the SCV alumni with smiles from ear-to-ear and tears in their eyes over SCV beating BD that night - first time since 2007. 

Wish I could've been there. I was still in the fog.

Glad to be out of that and able to appreciate the MMs again!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

SCV is consistently one of my fav corps, but I wasn’t feeling this years show until a video I just watched. wow, has it improved since beginning of season. Bluecoats and Crown better not sleep on SCV!

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e477nzusgobu6soqwa5if

Shhh, it's okay let 'em sleep.

Not SC's fault if those corps are setting themselves up for rude awakenings. 💚💞

• Like 3