Covid in Corps Summer 22

6 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I recently got it after over two years of somehow never being infected.  Fully vaxed and one booster.  Was still crappy to go through.  Thought I was getting a mild stroke one night as I was numb on my limbs on one side of the body.  Had to go to ER for that and get an MRI done.  Then once I was released, winded up severely choking in my sleep. Went to the ER again within 24 hours and they kept me overnight for observation. I have some underlying health conditions and undiagnosed sleep apnea.  This virus does not mess around and I am glad we put in the safety measures at our district and still have them in place where many places have made it a free-for-all due to politics.   

Sending blessings to all the corps and their staff out there this summer.  Rest of you take care as well.  

Glad you are ok. I got it last month, couple of days before Memorial Day. Every muscle in my body felt like it was tied in a knot. It was excruciating. Ended up missing my son's high school graduation. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

very glad you're ok, and it does seem like corps have procedures in place

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every corps had to submit their COVID safety plans to DCI well in advance of this summer season starting. And my understanding is that if a corps has a "COVID event" (something like 5 or more test positive at the same time) they're supposed to report it to DCI.

Edited by brassboy

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

very glad you're ok, and it does seem like corps have procedures in place

I noticed at Crown's rehearsal that maybe 4-5 students were wearing mask on the field during rehearsal.  Now I've seen a student wear a mask in the past due to allergies, but it felt like these students were wearing them for COVID reasons, i.e. prevention, quarantine, etc.  (I've even known of a student that's had a reaction to the rubber pellets used in field turf.)

Praying all of the corps members, staff, & volunteers stay safe during the tour.  Also as fans, educators, parents, & vendors, we get to experience a normal competitive season.  Right now, I'm more worried about my flights than I am about the virus.  But I am still wearing my mask on this trip. 😷  I see way more people wearing mask in the Indy area than my home state to the South.  

#MarchOn!  :dancin:    

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Glad you are ok. I got it last month, couple of days before Memorial Day. Every muscle in my body felt like it was tied in a knot. It was excruciating. Ended up missing my son's high school graduation. 

I’m glad you’re well now.🤗

I had it twice. Early on and I never felt so tired.  The second time last February.  Not to be graphic but the worst thing that time was the yellow crap I blew out of my nose for two weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I had it twice. Early on and I never felt so tired.  The second time last February.  Not to be graphic but the worst thing that time was the yellow crap I blew out of my nose for two weeks. 

No worries. Nothing at all graphic about that. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

My goodness that's horrible. I had the worse sore throat and i would cough up some bloody substance every time i tried to clear my throat. 

Just glad and thankful you are ok Ms. Terri. Covid is no joke. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I'm glad you're well.

I think I've had it several times, but I think I got it first in Las Vegas a couple months before the outbreak was announced on the news in January of 2000.

That bout had some of the worst flu systems I've ever felt in my life, but I've only felt mildly under the weather during other times. People in my household had been diagnosed, but I felt great.

Guess I'm lucky. I'm fully vaccinated and boosted, so maybe that helps me now. I dunno.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm glad you're well.

I think I've had it several times, but I think I got it first in Las Vegas a couple months before the outbreak was announced on the news in January of 2000.

That bout had some of the worst flu systems I've ever felt in my life, but I've only felt mildly under the weather during other times. People in my household had been diagnosed, but I felt great.

Guess I'm lucky. I'm fully vaccinated and boosted, so maybe that helps me now. I dunno.

I am glad you are healthy and well now brother. That is truly a blessing.

Besides I need you around. Who else is going to give me crap about BD? LMAO.