July 2nd - Innovations in Brass: Northeast Ohio ... Kent, Ohio

2 hours ago, Big Bird said:

No fake Bloo hype. Finished show with clean brass beat very unfinished show with dirty hornline by 0.4. Not worried in the slightest 

Oh c'mon...

There's no 'fake hype' and Bloo is neither 'unfinished' or 'dirty'

I have hated this nonsense 'dirty v. clean' distinction among top groups since the early 90's.  It's fantasy to suggest that any of these shows are 'dirty'.  The true distinction is about a ratio of composition to execution and the comparisons are minimal, but sufficient to warrant a placement and very close scores.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Oh c'mon...

There's no 'fake hype' and Bloo is neither 'unfinished' or 'dirty'

I have hated this nonsense 'dirty v. clean' distinction among top groups since the early 90's.  It's fantasy to suggest that any of these shows are 'dirty'.  The true distinction is about a ratio of composition to execution and the comparisons are minimal, but sufficient to warrant a placement and very close scores.

It’s clearly unfinished. If that ending is the real ending, I will eat my shoe. 

5 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Crownies silenced the fake Bloo hype. 

I'm still hyped by the Bloo show, I don't think it's fake. I don't know how the score will pan out over the season, but I'm not too concerned about that - I don't always have the same view of GE (and some other captions) as DCI judges. Sure, Crown cut them off at the first meeting, but I don't think the Bloo/Crown dance is over just yet though. That said,  I think most of the folks that were counting Crown out were from other fanbases. I don't usually participate in "trash talk" about scores and such myself, but it's all part of the fun of the season - keep serving your spicy takes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Bird said:

Finished doesn't mean that portions don't change.  In the early season, the scores really don't acount for that.  None of the corps are fielding their final closing moments right now OR other major impacts that are still being worked on.  The show is finished because it is complete and satisfies the time requirements.  No group ever makes a big surge by adding that killer ending that they have been working on.

Once upon a time, contending corps would come out and stand still for the final 1-2 minutes of their show... that's what we call unfinished.  Today, they enter competition with multiple variations of several impact moments being worked on simultaneously, but nearly all of the shows are complete these days.  Their move-in training is also about twice as long as it was 20 years ago.

Edited by cfirwin3

1 hour ago, Big Bird said:

If that’s your definition of unfinished, then every show in competition is unfinished right now

19 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Finished doesn't mean that portions don't change.  In the early season, the scores really don't acount for that.  None of the corps are fielding their final closing moments right now OR other major impacts that are still being worked on.  The show is finished because it is complete and satisfies the time requirements.  No group ever makes a big surge by adding that killer ending that they have been working on.

Once upon a time, contending corps would come out and stand still for the final 1-2 minutes of their show... that's what we call unfinished.  Today, they enter competition with multiple variations of several impact moments being worked on simultaneously, but nearly all of the shows are complete these days.  Their move-in training is also about twice as long as it was 20 years ago.

Although some corps change their ending and lose a few points in GE...Relentlessly...

With the way this conversation is going I really thought the spread would be something decisive. They’re exaggerating, your honor.

.4 difference on the first weekend in July? If that’s a slam dunk, I’m Madonna. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Although some corps change their ending and lose a few points in GE...Relentlessly...

I personally loved that new ending. A much more thoughtful and empathetic ending to the show. It was truly a beautiful gesture and message by Crown. If only more people were on board with it 

• Like 2