Tuesday, July 5th - MidCal Champions Showcase - Fresno, California

10 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

At the moment he loves Gold and is having a blast. He loves the staff, the members and culture. Doesn't get any better than that.

Then you done good Chief. People sometimes forget that that's what this activity is supposed to all be about. Chasing a ring is great and there's nothing wrong with it. Growing as a person and performer and going out there and having fun though...that's the part you remember forever.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Actually I love SCV. I am a BD Honk, but I love and support all my Cali corps. When SCV won in 2018, I was happy cause the title was staying in California. 

When my son makes the jump to world class next year, I will be happy and 100% support him in wherever he goes. 

At the end of the day, he is the one marching, it's his goals, his dreams, I will never tell him (or his big sister) what or where they should go or do for my personal agenda. 

When it comes to my kids happiness in being able to go do they want to do, my fandom takes a backseat. 

I just want him to find a corps that he is comfortable and happy with, that meets the expectations and goals he has set for himself. That's what's most important to me.

At the moment he loves Gold and is having a blast. He loves the staff, the members and culture. Doesn't get any better than that. 

Keep in the back of your head that 10 years after he ages-out you & he can talk trash about the other's Corps.  

• Haha 2

I'm going to go watch BK practice today- excited for that 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Then you done good Chief. People sometimes forget that that's what this activity is supposed to all be about. Chasing a ring is great and there's nothing wrong with it. Growing as a person and performer and going out there and having fun though...that's the part you remember forever.

Not sure if you are a football fan or not, but Landon Collins who is currently a Safety for the Washington Commanders in the NFL, I remember when he made his college choice on ESPN back in 2011-2012 timeframe. 

Landon was from Louisiana, and his entire family to include his mom was LSU fans. Alabama and LSU were the deciding factor as to where he would go. Landon chose Alabama. His mom was sitting next to him and got ###### he wasn't going to LSU. She made some comments and had a serious attitude problem the rest of the segment.

I remember watching and feeling bad for Landon. It was his choice to go where he thought he could succeed the best, and i felt his mom took that away from him by letting her fandom and her personal feelings upstage her son's proudest accomplishment. That moment wasn't about her, it was about Landon. Yes as the parent she played a huge role in his success to that point, but again it was Landon's decision and his moment. 

I remembered thinking at the time, I would never do that to my kids. Which is why i think the way i do now regarding my son and where he chooses to march. 

Seeing what Landon Collins' mom did to him on national tv made me realize that's not the way I want to act if faced with a similar situation with my kids. Some may disagree, and I respect what they think, but that's my feelings and opinion.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Not sure if you are a football fan or not, but Landon Collins who is currently a Safety for the Washington Commanders in the NFL, I remember when he made his college choice on ESPN back in 2011-2012 timeframe. 

Landon was from Louisiana, and his entire family to include his mom was LSU fans. Alabama and LSU were the deciding factor as to where he would go. Landon chose Alabama. His mom was sitting next to him and got ###### he wasn't going to LSU. She made some comments and had a serious attitude problem the rest of the segment.

I remember watching and feeling bad for Landon. It was his choice to go where he thought he could succeed the best, and i felt his mom took that away from him by letting her fandom and her personal feelings upstage her son's proudest accomplishment. That moment wasn't about her, it was about Landon. Yes as the parent she played a huge role in his success to that point, but again it was Landon's decision and his moment. 

I remembered thinking at the time, I would never do that to my kids. Which is why i think the way i do now regarding my son and where he chooses to march. 

Seeing what Landon Collins' mom did to him on national tv made me realize that's not the way I want to act if faced with a similar situation with my kids. Some may disagree, and I respect what they think, but that's my feelings and opinion.

LSU grad here - As much as it pains me to say it, he dodged a bullet by not coming to LSU during that time-frame.  There was a degree of success on the field, but what has come out concerning behind-the-scenes behavior by some staff and student athletes is disturbing.  

We'll see how the Washington Commies do this year.  They didn't take my suggestion for a new name - The Washington Seconds.  As in the second best NFL team that plays its home games in Maryland.

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Can you be our reporter on Friday Poppy? Flomarching isnt streaming the Sacramento show. 

We Queens always hang outside and chat with friends. Then over to the warmup area to watch the guards, then find our way into the stadium for a couple shows. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

We Queens always hang outside and chat with friends. Then over to the warmup area to watch the guards, then find our way into the stadium for a couple shows. 

Gotcha! Hope you have a great time!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Knowing your affection for BD, for your mental health’s sake I hope he doesn’t join SCV in a future season.  

He's good with a California corps; I wanna see his kid go to Cavaliers or Crown!

That'll make Chief's head explode!

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Keep in the back of your head that 10 years after he ages-out you & he can talk trash about the other's Corps.  

Yeah. this will be the grist of every Thanksgiving after dinner conversation for ... decades. 

• Like 1