The state of parades after Highland Park

7 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

I can tell you not being far from the shooting that the police presence at the 4th fireworks was pretty impressive.

7 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

I can tell you not being far from the shooting that the police presence at the 4th fireworks was pretty impressive.

yeah we had a bunch in the Harrisburg area too, mainly due to drunks fighting.

5 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I kinda disagree with you. I think at least for now people will now think twice about going into a public space for a parade where someone might shoot people just for being there and easy target. I knew after what happened in Texas there was going to be others that will want to do what that person did in TX. There are other young men waiting for that chance and have no regard for human life. 

however if history has proven anything, over time people tend to A) forget or B) insist we get back to normal as soon as possible.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

however if history has proven anything, over time people tend to A) forget or B) insist we get back to normal as soon as possible.

Unfortunately we don't live in a normal world and people will not forget. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah we had a bunch in the Harrisburg area too, mainly due to drunks fighting.

Saw an article today if you lost something running like hell from the fighting here’s where to call. Part of the panic was someone reported gunshots and people on edge from HP. Edit: no parade, people gathered along the river watching fireworks.

And the shooting death was held over until today. 🤦‍♂️ Up on Allison Hill (worst section of city for everyone else’s benefit). No motive yet that I saw.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

What is “some reason”?

We all know what it is. But it can’t be explicitly said on DCP

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I can tell you that our pediatric psychiatrist wanted to charge our agency $200 an hour, and we were only being paid $90 an hour by the state.

Our clients were mostly medicaid clients. We were required to have a psychiatrist to perform medication management monthly, so in order to run as a business, we had to eat the $110 an hour.

We had counselors too and provided a full range of other services, but it was untenable.

Our country doesn't seem to care about mental health issues...

This is what not caring about mental health issues gets you.

You can expand that statement to “doesn’t seem to care about health care in general” 

That’s coming from someone who works in the field. The number of people without access to basic care is saddening

6 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Unfortunately we don't live in a normal world and people will not forget. 

you'd be amazed. look at how many things are right back where they were in February 2020

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you'd be amazed. look at how many things are right back where they were in February 2020

I do get what you are saying. Sorry about that because you are correct...but my take on what you are saying is they don't forget....they chose not to remember.

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I think it's called Good bad Memory....Healthy in that our brains won't allow us to KEEP the bad things at the forefront of our conscious...helps us to move on..be productive..peace

• Like 2