Saturday, July 9th ... “CrownBEAT” … River Bluff High School – Lexington, SOUTH CAROLINA

I really liked Boston's show.  I liked the pacing and staging though I think the brass has a good tone, I like it louder,

• Like 1

The Cadets & Boston ... both have improved since last week ... both take you on a journey, but in different ways ... Really enjoyed both shows ... "Thank you" to both Corps ...

... and now having said that ... it's time for Carolina Crown ... YES !

... ... Very glad they have been able to get this show in ... ... the rain has held off ...

• Like 5

So… I really enjoyed Boston. There are some good moments in that show. Technically, a great group of performers. Drums are on fire. Overall, the show still feels flat, almost forced. I don’t pretend to be a judge, but I don’t think they have the juice to win this season. But we have a month left to go.

Side note: Gino, unleash these kids!!! It still feels like the hornline is holding back a bit. Bring the power!!!

• Like 1

My jury is still out on Boston. Some really nice improvements, but for whatever reason still just doesn't yank me up out of my chair and shake the living heck out of me. Not yet, anyway. 

• Like 2

Crowns Cocktail

Naked and Famous

1 oz Mezcal

1 oz Aperol

1 oz Yellow Chartreuse

1 oz Lime juice

Shake and strain into chill glass, garnish with lime wedge

• Like 1