Saturday, July 9th ... “Tournament of Champions – Northern Illinois” … Huskie Stadium at Northern Illinois University – DeKalb, ILLINOIS

Just now, Mikah said:

Evansville seems to be Phantom's adopted home away from home, which is totally fine by me.  I love Evansville and I love Phantom!

This is the 2nd year they've done their spring camp in Evansville. Last year's show was great too (and familiar of course). Good things happen when they practice in Southern Indiana I guess.

I hope they come back next year too. I like seeing their preview show each year before tour. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Phantom 5th in Visual Proficiency?

Just saw that, did they have a bad run?

I don't think Madison is going to be a top 12 finals.

Edited by Mikah
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Really curious to see what the point spread would have been had the Cavaliers performed. That’s a dramatic increase of a gap between Phantom and Bluecoats

Phantom is still very sloppy and had to take a show or two off. Also, credit to Blue Stars who have cleaned that show wonderfully and who are quite good. Cavaliers may have been second had they marched but who knows. In the end it's a great summer with some fantastic shows. Phantom easily had my favorite show at this contest. But everyone at this show definitely has a lot of potential. From Bloo to Cavaliers to Blue Stars, Phantom and others it will be interesting to see how each unit makes changes to the show. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2

I'm thinking 12th place may come down to BK and Colts this year. Nice bump for the latter corps tonight.

• Like 2

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

they haven't for years now.  Since 2016 they have only made it once.  Im watching it right now on replay and they stand around way too much.

Yes.  When near end of 2019 they announced they were going coed, there was much adoration.  And some of us pointed out that adding women will not address the design issues.  

Wow did BS percussion just suddenly get better? That was like the only thing keeping them from jumping a spot or two. This is a huge deal.

• Like 1