What movies would you like to see represented in a DCI show?

24 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As I have said before A Clockwork Orange would make a good show but it will never happen. 

The Bluecoats beg to differ

43 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Like something along the lines of Spartacus, Drum Corpse Bride, or Last Man Standing (Scouts' Mad Max show)

I'm super into horror, so naturally I would love to see more horror imagery at DCI. My favorite scary movie is Poltergeist, and I actually think a show inspired by that movie would be really cool. Great opportunities for props and creepy synth sounds. They could even have the corps enter through a giant TV prop.

Forget the movies themselves, I want to see Drum corps source more material from movie soundtracks!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Have you seen the movie or read the book?  Just because Bluecoats dressed droog-lite does not A Clockwork Orange show make.  The movie is ultra violent with a rape and murder central to the plot. Also central is music, esp The Glorious Ninth of Ludwig Van.  

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Like something along the lines of Spartacus, Drum Corpse Bride, or Last Man Standing (Scouts' Mad Max show)

I'm super into horror, so naturally I would love to see more horror imagery at DCI. My favorite scary movie is Poltergeist, and I actually think a show inspired by that movie would be really cool. Great opportunities for props and creepy synth sounds. They could even have the corps enter through a giant TV prop.

So many and too many to list but I always wanted to hear crown play music from Gettysburg or something similar

27 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Forget the movies themselves, I want to see Drum corps source more material from movie soundtracks!

There’s a lot to pull from from other popular mediums and genres as well that have been scantly sourced from, but it’s always a game of licensing/copyright bs that gets in the way and that bums me out haha

Beauty and the Beast

Moulin Rouge

Chicago

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (mostly because of the Danny Elfman score)

Now You See Me

The Wedding Singer (just a fun 80s show)

Taking Woodstock (using the music of Woodstock, just a fun show)

Into the Woods (even though Blue Devils sort of did this in 2015)

35 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

That movie that came out last year;  West Side Story!

Please no...not again...

3 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I would love to see the following movies turned into drum corps shows.  I have assigned the corps I would like to see perform the show.

Parasite - Mandarins 

Why'd you have to give the Mandarins the Asian foreign film? 😒😂😂😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Pink Floyd’s ‘The Wall’ could be interesting but copyright could be difficult to get

The Producers with a full-Corps rotating swastika during ‘Springtime for Hitler’ could be interesting 

Mandarins are doing a little bit of Pink Floyd's The Wall this year. I guess you haven't seen their show yet?