What movies would you like to see represented in a DCI show?

2 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

If a corps could manage Bahubali 1 or 2 without being appropriative I think it'd be fun as hell! And yes, in case you were wondering, this movie is the height of achievement in film, obviously:

I was thinking Bloo could do a Bollywood show after their Beatles bits

• Thanks 1

Rocky Horror

Goodfellas

Rogue One

anything Mitchell brothers

Until the John Williams moratorium changes and we can hear Star Wars music on the field…..(which probably won’t be in my lifetime)…And no, not forgetting Star of Indiana 1986 and their take on it…

I would love to see a superheroes show with music from the Marvel movie or show introduction included. Either the new version that we hear before every Marvel movie or show, or the older version we heard in the introduction of the Iron Man films. The music from the new phase 4 trailer, which builds upon the main theme, would be phenomenal as an opener for any corps. I would like to see the signature French horn parts in that piece, mic’d for their parts. Very similar to the way The Cadets used staged French horns in their “10” show a few years ago. 

As for other superhero themed music… I would hope we could hear the theme from the Avengers in a show at some point. Lastly, we have had Hans Zimmer’s music from Man of Steel before, ( Vanguard Cadets a few years back). But I would love to see a corps expand upon it, with additional selections from Hans Zimmer”s score in Man of Steel, The Dark Night, and his recently Oscar nominated work in the new Dune film. 

Honorable mentions:

1.  A rebooted/ second take Star Trek show from the Blue Knights. Building upon their underrated (IMO) 1993 show, they add in music from the latest Star Trek films, I would love to hear how Jay Bocook would arrange this music, in particular Enterprising Young Men. 

2. The film, Atonement, has had music from the Dunkirk scene played by The Cavaliers in 2016. However, the entire soundtrack of the film is incredible- including that haunting theme with the typewriter percussive elements. I would love to see what JD Shaw could arrange with this music, and give it full treatment with Phantom Regiment.

3. A Henry the V show. Taking music from both Walton’s score that SCV played in their very underrated 1993 show, and the theme music from Kenneth Branagh’s recent adaption. In particular the theme from the St. Crispin’s day/Band of Brothers speech. What could the Boston Crusaders do with this music? Or, Phantom Regiment? 

Edited by Dmlkmen

I really want to see an "Aliens" themed show after listening to the soundtrack from the movie...there is a LOT of really cool music and sound effects that I think could be pulled off in a modern drum corps show. "Ripley's Rescue" is probably my favorite overall theme from the soundtrack, but I like many parts of different songs from the soundtrack too. I think an Aliens theme would fit well with what the Mandarins have been doing the past few years...but I'd love to see other corps produce shows with a dark/suspenseful vibe to it. 

Edited by Tupid_06

Heh. The moment you said Aliens. My brain said, The Mandarins. 

Though I am not a tremendous fan of Hans Zimmer, I still think Pearl Harbor would make for a good show. 

I would also love to hear someone do something with Alan Silvestri's music for Cosmos Possible Worlds. 

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Lord of the Rings, but I’m thinking a 500 minute show might run overtime.

adding this to my hypothetical lowest-scoring dci show sheet music