Friday, July 15th - “Show of Shows” … Boylan Central Catholic High School Stadium … Rockford, ILLINOIS

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Just watching the Stars run you barely see the wheels on anything. It's 2022 I think DCI should make all fields turf shows. 

These performers are so spoiled. Back in the 80s, we used to march on dirt rodeo fields in windstorms. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cavies battery getting the jam on for sure.

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Just watching the Stars run you barely see the wheels on anything. It's 2022 I think DCI should make all fields turf shows. 

With that said, I LOVE that this field has no markings on it aside from the yard lines. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeZ said:

I want everyone to be safe. That said, if every other group marches (and Blue Stars move quite a bit more than Bluecoats) this kind of stinks.

Z

I did not realize it had started raining during intermission. I retract the previous statement. Student safety has to be the #1 priority. Hope everyone stays healthy and dry this evening.

Z

• Like 3

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

DATR already moved their Denver show from the grass field at the Broncos stadium to the turf field at CSU in Fort Collins. I’ve checked, and there’s at least one turf field in Rockford with seating similar in size to Boylan Catholic, so there should be no problem shifting this show to a turf field in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so much tasty in this horn book!  Can’t wait to see Cavies put the whole thing on the field again

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

DATR already moved their Denver show from the grass field at the Broncos stadium to the turf field at CSU in Fort Collins. I’ve checked, and there’s at least one turf field in Rockford with seating similar in size to Boylan Catholic, so there should be no problem shifting this show to a turf field in the future.

Just because someone has a turf field, it does not mean they would agree to host a show. Reach out for sure...but its often not as easy as saying "there's a turf field, lets put the show there".

Z

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Does the other venue allow alcohol?  I've heard that's an issue since the alumni have their reunion on site (but I can't swear this came from a reputable source).

Did the snares just do a “shave and a haircut….two bits” lick?