Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

Is it just me or does Boston have a more deep, controlled (in a good way) brass sound and a more musically interesting book with much more dynamic contrast compared to Crown

Crown brass is obviously phenomenal, and the talent level of their musicians is insane ... but it has always been a bit too bright for my taste. I prefer the deeper, richer tone that Boston has this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Well, I laughed at you when you said Cavaliers were going to finish 11th this year, so I won’t make that mistake twice. Haha.

In all seriousness, I do not see them finishing 11th this year but they may finish closer to 11th than I thought at the start of the season (5th).

We’ll see how they do over the next week. 

Boston Crusaders

Love the red-black-white uniform contrasts. Those black uniforms work best for Boston. The guard is fantastic! The way Crusaders move is underrated and should only be behind Devils and SCV. They sound and move so nicely!

I like their electronic soundscape. Loving What A Beautiful World. Never would’ve expected it to sound this good on a football field! Thanks for utilizing the battery well in the ballad, with that prop in the back!

Love the choreography right after the ballad. The more this show goes on, the more I love the uniform color choices. Boston has a lot of great builds of tension, with good release. It breaks up a really long percussion feature that could have felt a lot longer.

Loving the staging of the guard in this show, only outdone by Blue Stars so far. Best choreo from the drum corps so far tonight. Loving these trombones! Nice little tuba lick! Man, that trumpet solo demand towards the end of the movement is tough towards the end of the show! Best I’ve heard him play this season. Well done!

Love the mood switch here. Really impressed with a lot of the visual from Crusaders, especially on the individual level. Man, brass is gelling here at the end of the show and coming alive! 

Love this Lacrimosa section (I think the speakers probably don’t sound like that live). Nice ending, excited to see the real one!

• Like 3

Yeah Boston...that is getting amazing.  Can't wait to see what you add to the soft ending, cause you know something visual is gonna happen there 

3 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Is it just me or does Boston have a more deep, controlled (in a good way) brass sound and a more musically interesting book with much more dynamic contrast compared to Crown

Nah, it's you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1