Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

BD may not win all the captions but they are still high in the numbers while the other top tier corps are are just dominating in one  caption.

• Like 2

Just now, ediblewaffles said:

I see a lot of upset people, but can we not appreciate that tonight featured 8 phenomenal shows done by hundreds of extremely talented performers? The night became ruined by those who love to say "everything is rigged" and "knew this from the start of the season." Blue Devils won, but there is still a little under a month left for this season. Your favorite corps can still come back to win! 

Appreciate that you had the ability to enjoy seeing them instead of getting upset at judges 

i love this mentality. it is understandable to be upset if your preferred corps didn't win but fact is, finals is a while away! i am not a fan of people trying to take a moral high ground over people expressing disappointment in the scores tonight. these types of people need to get over themselves.

• Thanks 1

Crazy to think that BD’s guard can have an off night like that and they still win with that spread. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ediblewaffles said:

I see a lot of upset people, but can we not appreciate that tonight featured 8 phenomenal shows done by hundreds of extremely talented performers? The night became ruined by those who love to say "everything is rigged" and "knew this from the start of the season." Blue Devils won, but there is still a little under a month left for this season. Your favorite corps can still come back to win! 

Appreciate that you had the ability to enjoy seeing them instead of getting upset at judges 

I’m going to a show on Thursday, and I’m plenty excited!! Been too long since I’ve seen a corps, congrats on getting the win tonight BD, and hopefully everyone can get some rest now before things get too heated😬😬

2 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Dont need a title of judge to hear the music.  BD did not win brass.  And GE is just a joke.

I don’t think BD won brass either,  but that’s based on Flo, so it’s worth nil. Like with all of these performance categories, unless we were watching it from the judges’ vantage (not the stands and definitely NOT Flo, youtube, etc) claiming to know better is a little much. We simply have no idea how it sounded from where they were standing.   

GE is a different story. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

No, everyone hates on them because everyone is not qualified to judge and therefore they think they know something which they actually know nothing about. I used to be like that. I’ve wised up. BD wins, and BD wins by 1.5 because they do drum corps better than everyone else most years. Once you realize that it brings you a great sense of freedom. It’s wonderful.

There are a few DCPR’s who are judges or have been. And there are quite a few who have years as instructors at the level of corps who performed. So yeah, there are a lot here who know a lot about what they are talking about.  And there are a number of noisy people here who don’t have a clue.  Don’t assume everyone is unknowing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, charlie1223 said:

The spread feels like the judge Forced BD 1st place. It’s actually embarrassing seeing these spreads. They forgot how to manage numbers since the pandemic. 

Or perhaps people who are actually qualified to judge think BD is 1.5 better. Did you ever think of that? Judges who spend years crafting their skill are surely better at managing numbers than those of us commenting on here who have absolutely know expertise or experience in judging?

• Like 5

Just now, charlie1223 said:

The spread feels like the judge Forced BD 1st place. It’s actually embarrassing seeing these spreads. They forgot how to manage numbers since the pandemic. 

Judges are human too. But when the second place corp performs so early, it puts the judges in a bad position and they have to make up numbers that are a bit outrageous to compensate. I bet the numbers the next couple of nights go down a point until we get to San Antonio. 

• Like 1