Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Somewhat vindicated that 2 days ago in different thread I predicted that is Crown didn’t win at Broken Arrow some of their die-hard supporters would blame their earlier performance slot.  

I’ve seen no one blame performance order . #### they came in a strong second. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I don’t think BD won brass either,  but that’s based on Flo, so it’s worth nil. Like with all of these performance categories, unless we were watching it from the judges’ vantage (not the stands and definitely NOT Flo, youtube, etc) claiming to know better is a little much. We simply have no idea how it sounded from where they were standing.   

GE is a different story. 

Flo ain’t a good judge of sound and despite my thoughts of BD not winning brass over crown tonight, I did think it was one of their best runs in that regard, despite a few little hiccups. And it is a great package to listen to on Flo and definitely much more in person I would imagine!

• Like 1

Associate Justice Robert Jackson said of the Supreme Court, “we are not final because we are infallible, but we are infallible only because we are final.”

The judges get to call the scores because that’s their job. I try to understand them because it helps me better understand the competitive aspect of drum corps, and it’s frustrating when I can’t. Hopefully the corps are getting clear actionable feedback from the judges. 

Still a month to go. The gap is big from 1st to 2nd but things are so competitive the standings can shift, and the Finals panel will not be the same as tonight’s panel. 

And there are always the wonderfully performed, wonderfully diverse shows themselves to watch, which will just get better and better until Finals. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I never assumed everyone is unknowing. 99% on here are unknowing and that’s a fact. I am not included to believe someone typing anonymously behind a computer screen when they tell me they have qualifications that they likely don’t. 

Then prove your facts.  Show the data that backs up your statement.  99%, baloney!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BWise said:

Dude can you read .. Crownland is thrilled with a solid 2nd .. I believe you were going to call me about this being the night all the other corps pass Crown and yes you were one of the ppl saying Crown drops to 4/5 .. so still call me. I’m curious what your topics are. Quote

”this is the show where Crown will finally be passed by other groups, DCP will be on fire for a few days afterwards”  

I guess you’re calling to say yeah you were wrong ? 

It'll be a collect call. Remember, they're across seas. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BWise said:

Dude can you read .. Crownland is thrilled with a solid 2nd .. I believe you were going to call me about this being the night all the other corps pass Crown and yes you were one of the ppl saying Crown drops to 4/5 .. so still call me. I’m curious what your topics are. Quote

”this is the show where Crown will finally be passed by other groups, DCP will be on fire for a few days afterwards”  

I guess you’re calling to say yeah you were wrong ? 

I did call you. See the other thread. You didn’t answer.

You agreed with the poster saying Crown was in the lead with BD based on them beating Bluecoats once and BAC. I said there is no way one can make that claim right now. I never said anything about Crown getting passed up. I said it COULD  happen not that it was DEFINITELY happening. You said Crown was in a lead position - DEFINITELY. You were wrong. I was right. There is one corps in the lead - BD - and one corps is going to lead this pack all the way to championships night - BD.

Edited by henry7184

10 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

There are a few DCPR’s who are judges or have been. And there are quite a few who have years as instructors at the level of corps who performed. So yeah, there are a lot here who know a lot about what they are talking about.  And there are a number of noisy people here who don’t have a clue.  Don’t assume everyone is unknowing.

Effect is clearly subjective though.  That’s the one fault in the system 

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

I don’t have experience as an instructor or a judge. You are correct. BUT even I did I would still not be qualified to judge every caption at the same time and through a video. No one would. 

Then that proves it.  Those who have judged or taught DO know what they are talking about, even watching a video or live tv.  Those who don’t, like you for instance, wouldn’t know what to look for.