Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

11 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

I’m not usually an emotional reactionary… but this is BS. DCI has the right to ban him from attending and should do so now. If not, shame on them.

DCI (yes Jeff I know DCI are the Corps) has shown time & again that they are clueless of the public relations aspect of the Hopacolypse.  

They should have the courage to tell him he is not welcome at DCI events, or at a bare minimum make him purchase a ticket & sit in the stands with everyone else.  But they won't.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

From MGCpimpotimO in another thread about rebroadcast this morning:

Got a response from customer service. There was some sort of issue so they're having to use a backup of the backup. Show will start in full at 12:30 ET instead of 10, and be hi cam only, but they ASSURED me I wouldn't miss any performances, we'll see.

Thank you for your post!  I had planned today based on a 9 AM CT rebroadcast time that Flomarching posted.  I thought I was missing the rebroadcast since all I was getting was buffering.  The rebroadcast started at 11:30 CT!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikah said:

Thank you for your post!  I had planned today based on a 9 AM CT rebroadcast time that Flomarching posted.  I thought I was missing the rebroadcast since all I was getting was buffering.  The rebroadcast started at 11:30 CT!

Well I guess Flo’s failure is your gain this morning!  👍😂

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Sorry guys, but I do think it's important & relevant to the thread that a former major "convicted" player in the drum corps world was in attendance at the San Antonio regional.  But I guess I'll be done now.  Carry on wayward sons...

It is important, juicy, and worthy of its own thread.

Everyone processes things in their own way… no judgment there. Just want to separate one of the activity’s worst and darkest scandals from polluting what is otherwise a thread about the triumphant return to big competitions. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Back on topic: Watching the replay and Guardians played "Total Eclipse of the Heart". How many of those kids' parents were so excited hearing this while their kids were like "who's Bonnie Tyler?" 

Nah. They probably knew this song.  It's been a meme song on social media enough they'd probably caught it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Back on topic:  The "Specific Crest" is up next on Flo.  (I've heard idiots in my area of the South actually say 'Specific' for Pacific in the past.)

Too bad Weasel didn't perform!  @Terri Schehr

• Haha 1