AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

35 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Is ‘dangle-feet’ a technical term?  Haven’t heard it before 

:laughing: Ha, no. It's just the easiest way to describe the phenomenon that occurs when dancers have an extended limb in a shape or movement that conventionally includes pointed feet... but instead the dancer has un-engaged feet. Just sort of dangling there at the end of their leg.

It's the kind of thing you can teach children to do if you value the quality of movement over the fancy trick. I'm trying to think of an example for other sections that's similar... it's even more fundamental than missing a horn snap or a basic stroke. It's like, not knowing your warmup exercises, or not having been taught them properly. It's basic, and it's obviously irking me that it's plainly visible in key camera angles and promo videos for this guard. Worse than it showing up on footage is that they aren't being shown the mistakes.

Guards develop nasty habits when neither staff nor members have extended movement training at the collegiate or professional level. And even if they do have that level of training, it still happens all the time because most choreographers in colorguard are not trained in movement analysis. Their eyes and experiences aren't sharp enough to see movement with the same crispness that they see equipment work.

But dangle-foot doesn't happen at BD, I can assure you. I have literally never seen it, even in the horn and drumline members. You get cut.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
I used better words
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Is ‘dangle-feet’ a technical term?  Haven’t heard it before 

Don't know, sounds lazy?  But don't search the term on YouTube.  You have to sign in verifying your age for some videos.  Something about a 'foot fetish'?   :whistle: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Don't know, sounds lazy?  But don't search the term on YouTube.  You have to sign in verifying your age for some videos.  Something about a 'foot fetish'?   :whistle: 

I can't even. 🤐 Guess I need a new term.

I wouldn't go so far as to say lazy. It's training. Again. It's basic. If the MMs know they're doing something wrong, they F'n fix it. We all knowdis.

And if I'm honest, I'm not stressing the most crucial point here.

Dangle-foot is not safe. Extending your leg through your foot is crucial for safe landings. If your whole foot is engaged as you land, you have a better chance of recovering from a bad landing than if you have no engagement in the foot at all. Ya feel me?

Dangle-foot leads to injuries if untreated. We are all too aware of what injuries do to MMs.

That's why I'm here. Because that's what I see. EDIT TO ADD: I'm giving this hard-earned knowledge away in hopes that staff may catch wind of it by some wild chance of fate. Hopefully they can start catching this. But sadly, it's one thing to have this knowledge and another to have the eyes and pedagogy to apply it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Yes... and she can't manage to teach them to point their feet. I see dangle-feet all over their videos.

I said it.

Lying where GH has been and now personal attacks why is this thread still open? 

1 hour ago, oldestoftheold said:

I resemble that and don't take it back. MM safety is on the line as I explained.

I welcome the closure or a ban.

EDIT TO ADD: Just kindly note that it hasn't been the open survivors of abuse in drum corps that have requested thread closures. 🔎

Also, I don't know her. This is a professional critique, not a personal one.

Changed words for privacy.
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, oldestoftheold said:

Haven’t seen any “personal” attacks to my knowledge.  All is public record as well as his on postings on social media.  If any exist on this topic, then yes, they should be deleted.  And the moderators have the option to close or delete this topic.  By the way “oldestoftheold”, how old is GH? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Haven’t seen any “personal” attacks to my knowledge.  All is public record as well as his on postings on social media.  If any exist on this topic, then yes, they should be deleted.  And the moderators have the option to close or delete this topic.  By the way “oldestoftheold”, how old is GH? 

My guess: early to mid 60s

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

My guess: early to mid 60s

aged out in 1978 i believe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Yes... and she can't manage to teach them to point their feet. I see dangle-feet all over their videos.

I said it.

The accepted term is "biscuits", according to my daughters with BFA's in dance performance, and the Biscuit Ballerina.  She has a lot of great stuff on her website. 

"I'm an imperfect person in a world that pursues perfection."  Shelby Williams

• Haha 1