A bunch of corps will not be in Atlanta. Why?

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Not sure why people are assuming Atlanta is going to be a rainout. The forecast is wildly different depending on what source you’re using. And besides, it’s the weather. One of the only jobs where you’re off the hook when you’re entirely wrong. A lot can change in 4 days 

Lot's of folks make fun of the Atlanta weather.  It is affectionally called by the locals bi-polar. 

• Haha 1

Bump in hopes that Chief sees this - Is Gold a go for Atlanta? All is well now? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Bump in hopes that Chief sees this - Is Gold a go for Atlanta? All is well now? 

@Chief Guns doing an @ tag for the username pings their notifications and increases they'll see it. 😉  

I'm hoping Gold is ready to take the East by storm and make open class a hot race too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

@Chief Guns doing an @ tag for the username pings their notifications and increases they'll see it. 😉  

I'm hoping Gold is ready to take the East by storm and make open class a hot race too!

Gold is a go!!!!!! They are healthy (minus a couple of kids) and will be performing in Atlanta. As a matter of fact, Gold is flying out to ATL in the next few hours. Getting ready to leave for LAX in 30min, taking my son to the airport to meet up with the corps. 

Only thing that will stop Gold on Saturday is the weather. Fingers crossed it doesn't rain. As of this morning, I saw 60% chance of rain in the ATL area starting around 1pm on Saturday. 

If all goes well, Gold will have their closer on the field for the first time this season on Saturday. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Gold is a go!!!!!! They are healthy (minus a couple of kids) and will be performing in Atlanta. As a matter of fact, Gold is flying out to ATL in the next few hours. Getting ready to leave for LAX in 30min, taking my son to the airport to meet up with the corps. 

Only thing that will stop Gold on Saturday is the weather. Fingers crossed it doesn't rain. As of this morning, I saw 60% chance of rain in the ATL area starting around 1pm on Saturday. 

If all goes well, Gold will have their closer on the field for the first time this season on Saturday. 

Pac-12 Network on Twitter: "Hey, Dick Vitale, how awesome is it that  @CalMensBball just beat 'Cuse in the Garden??? #CALvsCUSE  http://t.co/Cl5XMETXbf" / Twitter

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 9:09 AM, Phantom56 said:

Yes, I have to walk early in the morning-7am-after 9am it's too hot to do anything outdoors. Don't like being stuck indoors all day--considering a move north in the fall. Can anyone reccomend Rochester, NY? 

Sounds like you’re in AZ! Gotta get the walking in early during the summer months .
I’m happy to put up with it as long as we can go out comfortably in the winter months. You’re thinking of Rochester? Must really like snow. 

Edited by Sutasaurus

On 7/26/2022 at 6:48 AM, keystone3ply said:

Incompetence? Well, never mind. 

It's been stated that DCI could not afford Mercedes Benz.  Then there's a country artist scheduled for the venue Saturday night, but I'm not sure which one came first.  

DCI is splitting the SE Championships with NightBEAT on Sunday night.  Per social media & DCP, several fans are skipping the ATL show.  I know I am one of those fans.  The venue is the old Braves stadium & the location is horrible.  Also have to deal with potential weather issues on a show that would normally start after lunch.  The Mercedes Benz venue is perfect for hotel, restaurants, & then you have Centennial Park.  Convenient for walking.       

Hopefully they will return next year.  Here's a link to the article on scheduling.  I think it's under #3. 

https://www.dci.org/news/explainer-how-performance-order-is-set-for-2022-dci-tour

Luke Combs is playing and you're in Hotlanta. It's a big sell and at $150 a ticket minimum, it's a non-starter for the venue in regards to which to choose. 

Like Keystone, I am at the point in my life where I will go when it's back in a dome. It's been getting pretty close to 100 degrees on the daily for the last week.