Looks like the Bears are moving to Arlington Heights and getting a dome

There is a lot to do in Chicago. Downtown is lovely. All kinds of great restaurants. Great shopping and plenty of hotels. It's a big city and traffic can be tough at times, but nothing like L.A. If you fly in you can use public transportation to get anywhere. If you drive in you can basically leave your car at the hotel and get to the stadium and any where else in town. The largest educational music convention is held in Chicago every December (The Midwest Clinic). 

I also think it would be nice to go back to Madison for Finals, and if not for Finals I would like to see a major regional in Madison. There is no more DCI Midwest and I don't know why. 

• Like 2

From what I've read, the dome suggestion by the mayor is a last-ditch, Hail Mary attempt at keeping the Bears in the city.  According to the team, there is NO chance they're staying.  The dome would be an attempt to use Soldier Field as a multi-purpose facility, but I don't know what backing there would be to spend $2 BILLION on a place with no permanent resident, i.e. sports franchise.

20 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Wouldn't it be cool if DCI moved finals for a year to Chicagoland?  So much to do, lots of housing....new stadium. 

If and when this actually gets done, that stadium would be about 15 minutes away from my house. Great location, right next to a Metra station and tons of parking.

• Like 1