TRIVIA QUESTION

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Heh. This recalls conversations about Pennsylvania being north east but not New England and Pittsburgh being a 'midwest' city but in an 'eastern' state. 

well depending on where in PA you live, you don't claim Pittsburgh either. then again we often consider South Jersey part of Philly LOL

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

Yes, since Ohio is a midwest state the Bluecoats are leading the midwest corps.

I’ve often wondered how a state, an 8 hour drive from the Atlantic Ocean and a 4 day drive to the Pacific Ocean is in the Midwest, which, by definition would be more in the middle of the west.

Wouldnt Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, be more in the Midwest than Ohio?  Just a thought.😬

7 hours ago, kdaddy said:

It's weird to me that Bluecoats aren't considered "midwest" even though they competed in DCI East.

They competed in DCM before starting to go East, and are in Ohio, which is in the "midwest".

7 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Yeah.  Bluecoats seems midwest all the way to me as well.  Largely because of that 80s-early 90s run into the finals when I knew some people from my high school marching with them.  They were a draw for the north Indiana bans (along with Cavies and Phantom) before Star broke onto the scene.  And even thereafter.  Then Glassmen pulled a lot of north Indiana marchders too.

I don’t think anyone who actually lives on the east coast would count anything in Ohio “east coast”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I’ve often wondered how a state, an 8 hour drive from the Atlantic Ocean and a 4 day drive to the Pacific Ocean is in the Midwest, which, by definition would be more in the middle of the west.

Wouldnt Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, be more in the Midwest than Ohio?  Just a thought.😬

The term "Midwest" was coined during the early part of our country's history.  Besides Ohio is within a day's drive of 3/4 of the US population.....  ...and I've done that drive in 2 days many times.

Just now, Cappybara said:

I don’t think anyone who actually lives on the east coast would count anything in Ohio “east coast”

Nor would anyone in Ohio dare want to be a part of the East coast. Taxes are too high, and the culture is definitely different, for better or worse. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

poor Ohio....no one wants them LOL.

HAHAHA. I don't know nor do I think it's true but I heard they left DCM for DCE because they felt they could place better at DCE than DCM. It really is spectacular what Bluecoats had become. When I marched they were just breaking into the top 12.

If, in the late 80s, someone came back in time and showed me 2016 videos (out of uniform) of Bluecoats and Crown, I would have have thought Bluecoats were Madison and Crown was Regiment. I mean, jeez, I didn't even know Crown existed when I marched and Bluecoats weren't a threat. To go from that to, IMO, the most innovative corps in the world by the mid-2010s was really something special for the Bluecoats. So happy for both of their successes.