Friday, July 29th “The Masters of Summer Music Games” … Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, TENNESSEE

Just now, MikeRapp said:

I’m sorry but that’s just not true. BD follows the same show concept year after year. It’s fine, it wins medals. It is what it is. 

I disagree. BD is BD just like Vanguard is Vanguard and Bluecoats are Bluecoats and Crown is Crown. If I saw all these shows with the announcers not announcing who they are and uniformless, I would still know who is who. Easily.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

official

1 Blue Devils 93.550
2 Boston Crusaders 92.350
3 Bluecoats 91.725
4 Carolina Crown 91.425
5 Blue Stars 87.100
6 The Cavaliers 86.100
7 Blue Knights 82.000
8 Music City 76.400

Bloooooo!!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Who doesn't do this? I could give you Crown, which is why they are probably going to be 4th or 5th come Indy, but who else?

I think all of the top corps have succumbed to a predictable style across shows. Even as a Crown fan, I can admit to the fact that some horn books are very similar and have a clear connection. Bloo creates visually pleasing, GE heavy shows. Boston is akin to darker, more menacing themes, SCV relies heavily on outstanding percussion to lead them, I could go on.

All corps have their own style and performance strenghts, and that's just how it is

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

You guys……. I want so badly to be wowed by this show. All props to the performance level and insane cleanliness. But BD just doesn’t excite me like Boston, Bloo and Crown. I feel like I’ve seen this from BD year after year. Yes it’s fabulous and sounds amazing…..but I prefer to be surprised and awed by something innovative. They may not be as squeaky clean and polished….but Boston, Bloo and Crown (and SCV), all thoroughly captivate and entertain me! What an incredible top 5. 

This. It’s the same idea with a different title and narration. Some of my favorite shows of all time are BD. Fillinesque and What Dreams are Made on are amazing. Tempest was super interesting. I just want the best to do things innovative. 

• Like 1

That's a weird recap...

• Like 2

I don’t even need BD to win, I just think it’s wild that their staff (and all the other top staffs, but this year especially BD’s) has managed to still get the corps to reach this high of a level with so few vets and no camps last year — and to be more competitive, in some categories, than they were in the recent past! The level of teaching at that place is just astonishing to me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2