Saturday, July 30th .. 4:55 PM “DCI Southeastern Championship” …Center Parc Credit Union Stadium … Atlanta, GEORGIA

Qr code anyone... Lol

20220730_221924

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Please no.  They tried that on a few runs earlier in the show and it takes away from the beautiful full brass sound.  I think there's a time and place for trumpet screaming and early on they did it too much, they have actually removed a few of them from the show the last 2 weeks and it sounds sooooo much better.

I’m just saying, the source material has the sax playing one particular riff at least an octave higher than they’ve written it. 

Feels like a missed opportunity when the corps is known to having great screamers (they’re doing plenty of great work throughout the show though). 

Edited by Hirsbrunner

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Does Crown always close this show?

They are not closing 

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Boston is on after this

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Please no.  They tried that on a few runs earlier in the show and it takes away from the beautiful full brass sound.  I think there's a time and place for trumpet screaming and early on they did it too much, they have actually removed a few of them from the show the last 2 weeks and it sounds sooooo much better.

This.

Just because you can scream doesn't mean you should scream. 

The ensemble sound is much more tasteful and the main reason why I (actually) like BDs show this year.

It's just a monster.

6 minutes ago, jmc5682 said:

BD had a great show, except their guard seems to have trouble catching their rifles.  I counted 5 drops, and that was on Flo Marching.  As a former rifle person drops make me crazy.  They should not be happening at this time in the season.  Great show overall though.

Problem is I don’t notice BAC and others’ drops or overrotations until second watch. BD, Crown, Blue Stars - it’s like my eye always goes straight to the errors the first time I see it. BAC has really started nailing their technique of late so anyone trying to steal that trophy is going to need to start absolutely demolishing their book. I hope they can. 

Edited by saxfreq1128

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

BAC is closing.

• Thanks 1