Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

14 minutes ago, Sideways said:

That drugged out bowling dream sequence…Sam Elliot voiceovers….Steve Buscemi’s char getting a surprise resurrection at the end with hints of Mahler’s 2nd being played backfield…this could be something great.

The dream sequence…perfect for Bluecoats…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I bet “Brassi” is available if anyone wants the moniker on DCP!

Luca Brasi?

Pretty sure he sleeps with the fishes…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

😂

In all honesty, if drum corps takes a break from Americana shows for the next 20 years, I wouldn’t shed a tear 

I'm fine without those too - I want Cadets to do something really out there next year, hopefully they'll have the talent to do so...

I've just never understood people who act triggered or offended by something patriotic - it's like they need to travel a little, red white & blue ain't that bad! I really wonder what our kids are being taught to think this way. Just a concern of mine. I mean that show was about leadership, and does the time make the man or vice versa - they weren't playing yankee doodle for ten minutes lol... One of my least favorite shows - but the corps was VERY good, marched fantastically. That guard staff is now at SCV, and you can tell. Drum/Brass folks at Boston. A lot to like, and a little to eye-roll.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Like most of us, he shook his head and said “ look backflip Jesus!”

everyone should give me a dollar, I coined "Backflip Jesus!" lol I'd be rich!! (Jesus never actually back flipped, man that would have been something!)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

everyone should give me a dollar, I coined "Backflip Jesus!" lol I'd be rich!! (Jesus never actually back flipped, man that would have been something!)

you defended all those terrible show designs like crazy

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm fine without those too - I want Cadets to do something really out there next year, hopefully they'll have the talent to do so...

I've just never understood people who act triggered or offended by something patriotic - it's like they need to travel a little, red white & blue ain't that bad! I really wonder what our kids are being taught to think this way. Just a concern of mine. I mean that show was about leadership, and does the time make the man or vice versa - they weren't playing yankee doodle for then minutes lol... One of my least favorite shows - but the corps was VERY good, marched fantastically. That guard staff is now at SCV, and you can tell. Drum/Brass folks at Boston. A lot to like, and a little to eye-roll.

Garfield's 2002 show was as Americana as it could be and I LOVED it.  It was much needed and appreciated.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1