Marching experience of DCP members

Folks,

As we are at the most active part of the season, and had well over 100 DCOP members viewing the Atlanta thread, it might be time to do something I have considered for a while: The corporate knowledge of DCP members. So - 

How much (1) Drum Corps & (2) how much non-Drum Corps marching experience?

I will tally it up periodically as we go.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
more better question
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Folks,

As we are at the most active part of the season, and had well over 100 DCOP members viewing the Atlanta thread, it might be time to do something I have considered for a while: The corporate knowledge of DCP members. So - 

How many years marching experience do you have?

Between DCI and DCA, 7 years. Wished it could have been longer, but it was a good run all in all. Add in 2 years on Jr. HS, 4 years of HS and 4 years of college. So what...17 total years...ughhhhhhhh 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Folks,

How many years marching experience do you have?

DCI/DCA only?  Or include other marching experience?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 year pre-DCI and first 3 years of DCI.  Left 2 years of eligibility on the table because our corps folded and I went off to college at the University of Southern California.  Did not want to join the band after marching in Drum Corps.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

DCI/DCA only?  Or include other marching experience?

I'll just post what I got:

DCI/DCA -- none

HS -- 2 yrs. Only started a marching band when I was a Junior, though we always had a band in the stands. Snare drum in the stands, trombone marching.

College -- 5 yrs. Also did some arranging. 2 yrs trombone, 1 yr snare drum, 2 yrs bass drum

Military -- 8 yrs total as a Musician mostly doing HS recruiting, but still a fair amount of Ceremonial duty which involved marching (pass in review, parades, etc.). Trombone major, later switched to guitar major, trombone minor. Also played synth, drum set, and trumpet.

Edited by CrownBariDad
More info
  • Like 7