ALLENTOWN FRIDAY PREDICTION AND ODDS OF A RAIN DELAY

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Lightning is so active here that there are people getting struck by it weekly. You’d think their d###### would figure it out.  Find some shelter. 

This is, what i see, the biggest issue with Allentown.  Storms come in fast and there is nowhere to shelter, aside from limited bathroom space.  Most have to run through the park, with all of those trees, to get back to their cars.  A good 1/4 mile, easy.  If you aren’t mobile, or able to handle the distance, you kind of just sit there and hope for the best.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Here's to hoping we get these shows.  I dunno about up there but in DC it poured with heavy lightning a lot from evening and in the night.

FYI folks, if you didn't get this drilled into your heads as kids, don't use trees for cover if there's lightning.  4 people found this out the hard way yesterday in Lafayette Park.  

I’m following the WFMZ weather app. They have a good track record. So far the worst for tonight is a 55% change at 7 

1 hour ago, Phantom56 said:

Move this show to the Syracuse RCA Dome. Beautiful stadium, bigger airport, no weather worries.  Use Allentown for the Cadets Wednesday night show, always held two nights before the Allentown weekend. 

Acoustic and logistical nightmare. It would make the old rca dome sound good 

57 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

This year is kinda reminding me of 2008. BD comes into Allentown undefeated and wham...they lose to not the eventual DCI winner but the Cavaliers. To me BAC has all the guns to win this outright from Allentown to Indy. This year they have edited their productions from the 2018 and 19 and focus on a well-focused show. 

Phantom on Saturday if I recall actually had the highest score of the weekend but BD and Cavies weee Friday 

55 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

IIRC, there was one year it had rained so much, a helicopter was brought in to blow water off the field in the morning before prelims started.

84. It was still real grass