Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

Just got home and saw the results. Happy for Bluecoats, bummed for Boston. It looks like Atlanta was an anomaly after all and it's going to be the Devils going undefeated.

Such a bummer. Someone I have a business relationship in Wisconsin went to Indy for the first time ever last year as her first drum experience (she loved it) and I was talking with her today (she's going to finals) and telling her it's going to be a nail-biter at the top. That's obviously not going to happen. I am still so beyond thrilled for Boston though. 2nd or 3rd place (if Bluecoats pass them) is still such a great feat.

Edited by henry7184
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Snares are kinda dirty on their run tonight tho.  

With good reason! It's the first time in several weeks The Academy's Battery of 8 out of 9 snares have rehearsed and performed in a show together. In one show they performed with only 4 Snares. Covid has especially wreaked constant havoc on THE ACADEMY's summer tour. The Texas Swamp Tour was Gawd Awful and Brutal, interfering with their ability to field anywhere near their approximately 154 marching members. The Covid Curse has impleaded a good number of Corps ability to field "Full Corps Numbers." So evident as seen in the challenge to, if not nearly impossible, clean and increase scores consistently this summer tour going into Indy next weekend.

At 71 years young, this is one "DrumCorpsRelic" is looking forward to a three day DCI "COOL" 50th Anniversary celebration, in the confines of an air continued Lukas Oil Stadium, in Indy. In Nirvana comfort, while experiencing Drum Corps Overload, as a league of marching music's Finest Forty 40 World and Open Class Corps present a Pageantry of the Arts. Talk about Living in Heaven. Godspeed To All.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rafael Bougrat said:

To all the experts out there, please give me your humble opinion on Gasoline Rainbows!

An Absolutely Horrible and Sounding Title. But a Terrifically executed show MUSIC CITY! luv the coordinated Unis and Set Pieces,  Brilliant visual use for GE Effect in the way the Unis are manipulated front to back and visa versa throughout the show. Extremely Eye Appealing. They are sure giving my ACADEMY a run for 16th place. They have a very impressive and full size and sounding Corps wishing them all the best in their continued journey up the DCI World Class competitive ladder. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Music City is quite a step up from Academy. 

Not so sure about that. But quite noticeably so, due to the increased size of the marching members they are fielding. They are looking quite impressive they are becoming quite the Gem from Nashville. ENJOY!

3 hours ago, 27Socal said:

Ok,  what does BAC throwing the purple cloth at the end mean?

Who knows? But it seems that all the corps upped their fabric budgets this year.  

I’m totally drunk so all I gotta say is 

#### yeah BD

undefeated season 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 27Socal said:

Interesting question for Sat (tomorrow).  If the 2nd MA judge shows up,  will he/she be judging?   If yes,  then technically this would not be the same judging panel for both nights?   Is this kinda important because the performance order on Thurs depends on the Allentown scores being used as part of the average?

Nightbeat and Atlanta were different panels

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

Who cares, LOL. If I looked like them I would be naked all the time.

I don't mind at all ... just wondering.

• Like 1