Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

So combined my thoughts and the 10 year olds thoughts:

Boston we both thought great but the performance lacked. Recap agrees

BD… they do what they do like or not but they do it #### well. Sadies fave of the night

Bloo… she liked she could see people changing. Live it felt over produced, making me wonder how much of what I heard was actually live or a button. Also the GE music scores amaze me as almost every drum break has talking over it so loud you fight to hear the drums

phatom was on phire!! Like I thought they got mandarins who also had a good run. Sadie called phantom old school. She wanted to know if mandarins singer was a voice from frozen 2.

colts…. Love it!! Definitely a finalist 

BK I was hoping live it would reach me more. It didn’t reach either of us and I had to have that parental talk about why some shows feel like they take longer than they really do

music city so much fun

Academy was wonky fun.

Glad you're getting to share this with your daughter. A lovely time of life. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluesman said:

Boston 3rd in GE is ridiculous

Not after seeing it live. People that saw them in Glassboro thought they were far better then

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mfrontz said:

Glad you're getting to share this with your daughter. A lovely time of life. 

It’s a blast!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ContraFart said:

Nope, but that does not matter. I still have eyes and ears on video. 

Your eyes are seeing what Flo wants you to see. Your ears are hearing what Flo wants you to hear. Being there in person is entirely different than seeing a performance streamed over the internet. Entirely.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Good point. IMO, J. Missing should make another appearance in the Music Analysis caption tomorrow night. 

I guess BD’s favorite judge, J. Paydoff, will be on the panel next week? 😜

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, 27Socal said:

I think the battery had a bad night.  Go back and replay their show and listen for the snare dirt, especially when they are up near the front side line.  I heard things in there that were not a problem over the last couple of weeks.

Never underestimate the pucker factor. Chips are down big time. Boston has made a huge move upward, new territory for them. Battling for a ring is a lot different than “just go out there and do your best”. Virtually all the groups are very young, will be interesting to see how they react next week. Best of luck to all. 

• Like 1

Just now, BDCorno said:

Never underestimate the pucker factor. Chips are down big time. Boston has made a huge move upward, new territory for them. Battling for a ring is a lot different than “just go out there and do your best”. Virtually all the groups are very young, will be interesting to see how they react next week. Best of luck to all. 

100%. This is a banner year for Boston. They've produced their first design worthy of winning. Their brass and percussion lines have reached the level of their colorguard. Things are only going to get better for them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DrumCorpsRelic said:

Oh Ryan, you really did go there.  Brilliant! LMAO

Yeah, talk about writing to the sheets! 😮😏