Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

Just now, keystone3ply said:

I actually love a special recipe of ketchup, mustard, & sour kraut on dogs.  

😬😂 

Vienna beef dog, mustard, neon green relish, sliced tomatoes halves, pickle spear, sport peppers, celery salt.  Poppyseed bun.  I don’t like raw onion but most people like that on the dog in Chicago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

😬😂 

Vienna beef dog, mustard, neon green relish, sliced tomatoes halves, pickle spear, sport peppers, celery salt.  Poppyseed bun.  I don’t like raw onion but most people like that on the dog in Chicago. 

Have you ever had Vienna beef in Vienna?

41 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Absolutely. BD is an example why if I was in charge I would do everything in my power to keep my design and instructional team in place. The last time they really had a design misfire, IMO, was 2006. No one else can say that, not by a long shot.

Love or hate Bluecoats their shows always interest me. A lot of the time I'm like "WTF" - the chairs in Session 44 and all the crap all over the field for the Beatles show, but I'd rather think "WTF is happening" than be bored, and Bluecoats are never boring. Overall, their show this year is my favorite of the year. I just think it is so unique and cool.

They certainly put out visually eye-popping programs that hold your interest. I think my favorite musical part about their programs is they get into some really nice grooves. The show this year, along with another of my underrated Bluecoat favorites, 2015, really present a fascinating palette of rhythmic goodness. As you mention, unique. I am still of the opinion that their current program is top two, and if they could tighten things up, they would be capable of moving past Boston and Crown. May not happen but there are still a few days to go...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Exactly! Hunts sucks! Heinz rules. I hate when I go some where and they have hunts. I'll just skip it.

ketchup only goes on hot dogs if you're 7 years old or younger

12 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Some great observations. Especially in terms of BD visual program. It’s difficult to impossible with the new restrictions, but if any skeptics can find their way to a rehearsal and stand on the sideline during run throughs, I think they would have a different understanding of BD’s vis content. Once the show is complete and detailed, there is practically nothing that isn’t programmed, thought through or unintentional. This is where you find the disconnect between what you see on a narrowly limited video feed, and what ends up on the recap. 

I would think most people know it's MUCH different in person than on video AND different on the sidelines than in the press box. BD visual program and detailing is second to none. But it is drum & bugle corps, not a dance troop. BD was over-rewarded for wicked clean (sometimes out of tune) brass & (relatively easy compared to Coats or Boston) percussion. The members are terrific but the design feels very stale and fairly unemotional.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I don't see it either, but just because we don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. 

um ok - sure?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I would say 2005 with the Yowza show was BDs last design misfire. 

2006 Godfather Part Blue was a cool show.

Hey, Blue Devils have won playing or using music like Rocky, K Pop, Britney Spears and Rihanna. They’re certainly not risk-averse. 🤣

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

um ok - sure?

Um, yeah. No offense, but I would trust the opinion of qualified judges over yours, or mine. Like I said, I'm with you with - I don't see it, but I do see that I'm not a judge. I've spent too many years getting upset over the scoring and placements. When I realized I have no idea what I'm talking about regarding that, I found peace.

Edited by henry7184