Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

noooooo.... Maybe pizza crust - but fries? no no no.

Have you tried it ??

22 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

this is a cry for help - so allow me, fries are best with malt vinegar and Old Bay - nothing else compares

🤩 Oh...yes!!! It is perfection. 

Henceforth, I now consider you the foremost authority of all things condiment related. If you state what goes on food, it is now Canon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

this is a cry for help - so allow me, fries are best with malt vinegar and Old Bay - nothing else compares

Well I’ve never had Old Bay, whatever the heck that is. Enlighten me if you kindly would. What is so great about it? 

43 minutes ago, Onionhead2 said:

Have you tried it ??

I'm a food & beverage guy - yes, I've literally tried everything - ranch fries is definitely "a thing" personally prefer spicy - ranch is just too sweet for me personally, but you are mostly certainly NOT crazy.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Well I’ve never had Old Bay, whatever the heck that is. Enlighten me if you kindly would. What is so great about it? 

Old Bay is a seasoning mixture popular on the East Coast and especially the mid Atlantic region (Chesapeake Bay). 

32 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Amazon.com : OLD BAY Seasoning, 24 oz - One 24 Ounce Container of OLD BAY All-Purpose Seasoning with Unique Blend of 18 Spices and Herbs for Seafood, Poultry, Salads, and Meat : Seafood Seasoning : Everything Else

"Beach Fries" or "Ocean City Fries" (twice fried natural cut potatoes) are traditionally dusted with Old Bay - Old Bay is what is used on hard-shell crabs here in the Mid-Atlantic

Old Bay is arguably the best-known spice blend in America. It is beloved all over the country and has become a staple of many spice cabinets since it arrived on the scene in 1940. It was then that a German Jewish immigrant and former spice merchant named Gustav Brunn came up with the blend and packaged it. A blend of celery salt, pepper, mustard and several other spices Brunn, a German refugee who founded Baltimore Spice Co. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Old Bay is a seasoning mixture popular on the East Coast and especially the mid Atlantic region (Chesapeake Bay). 

You HAVE to try Old Bay. And then use the shrimp recipe on the container!  The best shrimp EVER!

• Like 2

Those Old Bay Goldfish crackers need to be brought back...now