Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

I’d like those prelims times to be posted 

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

BD over Crown for horns, by 1 tenth.   Same thing, whoever can put together 2 of 3 good runs next week, takes horns.

Disagree on that one. BD has seldom been passed in brass. It might get tight sometimes, but BD is the clear leader here.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Same judges both nights so scores are comparable. Conditions might be a little different but the judges were the same

Excuse me but this doesn’t fit the DCP narrative even though it’s settled doctrine that Allentown scores are comparable night to night and there is multi-decade precedent of this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Look at Troopers with mostly 7's across their row.   With a bunch of 6's in GE.  That's what did it for them.

2 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

Excuse me but this doesn’t fit the DCP narrative even though it’s settled doctrine that Allentown scores are comparable night to night and there is multi-decade precedent of this. 

I know. I gotta be better and follow everyone else haha

3 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

BD over Crown for horns, by 1 tenth.   Same thing, whoever can put together 2 of 3 good runs next week, takes horns.

I’m so intrigued by this caption. I think Crown is really gonna make BD earn it, if it swings that way. 

I do really hope SCV can clean up some of their more intricate brass work because they should be in the running here IMHO. And beyond impressed by BAC hanging in there among so many proven greats. Bloo’s show is a lot harder than it seems, too. 

8 minutes ago, jameseuph said:

This means Troopers will draw the 10th, 11th, or 12th place performance spot in prelims. That’s huge!

Not correct Prelims seeding is based on average score from San Antonio, Atlanta/Winston/Salem and Allentown.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

it's kinda weird how this program just hasn't "grown" much this season - compare it to how far BD or even Cadets have tweaked and layered, with the talent on the field and the experienced staff hard to understand - I'm guessing some departures after this season, probably some staff team-dynamic issue (a complete guess on my part)

Honestly historically Crown makes very few program changes from the beginning to the end of the season.  

• Like 1