Do NOT miss the Bluecoats Alumni Corps...DO NOT!!!

12 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

no no no no... what better time to USE folding lawn chairs as props.   or seats.   same thing. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RjfTswBbBxU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Super Don-O
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RjfTswBbBxU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OMG, that's both classic and classy. LOL 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Not a big fan of alumni corps here, but it's the freaking Bluecoats. 

A fair amount of passive-aggressiveness for a high school person who just discovered Drum Corps.........🤔  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

OMG, that's both classic and classy. LOL 

man...   i miss VK.  Even that Space Show in 1996 was some brilliant work.  

15 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

A fair amount of passive-aggressiveness for a high school person who just discovered Drum Corps.........🤔  

It’s been encouraged so… 

I marched in an alumni corps to pay homage to those who came before me. And for the chance to be taught by the great Col.Truman Crawford  again.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 7

so....i cant believe i am saying this in the DCI forums, but lets not get into a pissing match about which alumni corps version was better. they were all ####### great in their own way.

Kilties...i wish DCI had advertised them in advance.

27th awesome. St Joes was at their peak..Madison, Royal Airs, SCV ( twice!) Anaheim, Cavies, Bridgemen, Star....i am sure i am missing someone...all brought something special. even the DCA corps performing exhibitions...Steel City, Empire, Westshore ( well maybe not 97 as much as 96).....all brought a nice touch to the years they participated. and let's enjoy them for what they were.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so....i cant believe i am saying this in the DCI forums, but lets not get into a pissing match about which alumni corps version was better. they were all ####### great in their own way.

Kilties...i wish DCI had advertised them in advance.

27th awesome. St Joes was at their peak..Madison, Royal Airs, SCV ( twice!) Anaheim, Cavies, Bridgemen, Star....i am sure i am missing someone...all brought something special. even the DCA corps performing exhibitions...Steel City, Empire, Westshore ( well maybe not 97 as much as 96).....all brought a nice touch to the years they participated. and let's enjoy them for what they were.

I’m not doing that. Someone inferred that Bluecoats were the only one worth watching.  But I guess when you’re trying to be a YouTube influencer, you have to make controversial statements so someone pays attention.  And people lap it up.

People on here have been banned for less.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Not a big fan of alumni corps here, but it's the freaking Bluecoats. My favorite group in all of music history. There's no way I can walk away from a Bluecoats performance and not be completely wonderstruck and amazed. 

So, to really enjoy an alumni performance, you have to have enough seasoning to remember when the selections in the show were performed for the first time.  It will instantly transport to you back to the wonderful time you had in the past, plus fill you with appreciation for the now, much older folks who have changed so much, putting in this tremendous effort to give you that trip.

Or, just have an open enough mind to recognize quality and dedication when you see it.

I have a friend of a friend in the guard (on one knee replacement) who says this is the hardest thing she's ever done in her life, but is loving every minute of it. She also chose to do flag, rather than rifle as apparently the rifles get on the ground and she said "there is no getting up from that." LOL

I can't wait for this and I never even really liked Bluecoats that much until the last decade or so. Apparently the current design staff created this show, so I expect it to be magical.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

DCI History Lesson Time:

The standard for alumni Corps was set by 27th Lancers in 1994.  They were on last at Finals before retreat.   I think when DCI scheduled them they figured it would be 30 people in polo shirts & khaki shorts playing Danny Boy.  It wasn't (see video below, unfortunately not best quality).  They brought down the house.  People may not remember who won in 1994, but everyone remembers this.

And this is why alumni Corps now go on after semi-finals.  Not good when the old folks outshine the star attraction.

You're not human if you didn't shed a tear after seeing that. 

• Like 5