Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

oh hell yeah, time to go war. and yadda yadda peace or something. but also — war 😈

I'm here mostly for the opening solo and the ballad. But all the brass between is amazing. 

And can't wait to see this guard and how far they've cleaned.

• Like 3

Kudos to the members of the Cavaliers. They are not giving up on this show and performed very well tonight. Percussion and brass are very strong. Not a great run for the soloists. Love the ballad. Most of the other music is hit and miss with me. It really comes down to design and this show never quite found its mojo. Covid clearly had something to do with that, but they were never able to flesh out the ideas to bring this production to a peak. But all that said the members perform super well. I'd like to put Phantom over them, but in the end Cavaliers likely just perform better. We'll see how things unfold. 

5 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Better late than never

I was making a spatchcocked roast chicken with lemon, garlic, fennel seeds, rosemary and thyme. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Did Cavies have music ensemble issues in a couple places tonight? Great to see/hear Cavies energy in person. So much talent in that corps - heroic effort to have come so far so fast. 

I believe it’s from where you’re sitting in the stadium that makes it seem that way

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Did Cavies have music ensemble issues in a couple places tonight? Great to see/hear Cavies energy in person. So much talent in that corps - heroic effort to have come so far so fast. 

It's been an issue for them all season.  Some phasing because of the insane timing demands, but also some solo/duet work that isn't written great and hasn't been performed well consistently.  All IMO, of course.  Can't wait to see them perform a show they really have down.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blue Stars sounding and looking terrific. They play so in tune and with excellent balance. 

• Like 4