Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

3 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

Then you must not be paying attention to TX.  You should watch Hebron HS.

Sorry,  woodwinds in TX are the same as woodwinds in CA.   They're the same physical instruments.  Unless you have 500 flutes, you can't hear them!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm glad Surf is on for another run.   I was a bit "wow did you see how close Battalion came to making Semis on their first visit to Indy/". But I'm happy to see this show one more time. 

As a proud Marching Band veteran of Utah 1977-1980  I am overjoyed that Battalion was basically first runner up.  Calgary is it's own little category with the woodwinds, let's be honest.  First trip to worlds, taking 7th, beaten only by the California powerhouses, and 3 much older established corps.  Then to basically taste the edge of semifinals?  I am gonna be asking around the stats nerds to see if a first timer corps at Worlds has ever done that, or if so, how long ago.

• Like 2

Just now, 27Socal said:

Sorry,  woodwinds in TX are the same as woodwinds in CA.   They're the same physical instruments.  Unless you have 500 flutes, you can't hear them!

Not the even close to the same caliber of players. Texas is superior. Again you clearly didn’t watch Hebron or Broken Arrow last fall. 

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

He just said in honesty what most of the top drum corps instructors and designers think but don't say outloud.

Is there a recording/transcript of the video somewhere?

Just now, Hrothgar15 said:

Is there a recording/transcript of the video somewhere?

Don't worry. The video was so self aggrandizing I'm sure DCI will post it everywhere they possibly can.  

• Haha 2