Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Alright rifle feature.  Guard settling down into this crazy book.

And...oh....I'm gonna listen to this show so many times this winter. 

Same here, 🎶

12 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

DCP seems quiet tonight …. Saving it for tomorrow eh? 

I think it's because the 11 and 12 drama is over.  The rest of tonite doesn't mean much.  On Sat. the top is important.

• Like 2

saw this corps back early july for the first time and raved about the brass and said the ending reminded me of some of star's big brass closing sequences....i stand by all of that for obvious reasons.  

outstanding, blue stars!

Edited by Lance
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

I know next to zero about brass, but I've always really loved the Stars' brass sound. I love the color and power of BK's horns; I love the purity and laserlike power of Crown's brass; but what I love about Blue Stars is the breadth and openness and . . . balance? Is that the word? It just never sounds harsh or compact or overly concentrated.

So you DO know something about brass…. 🙂

• Like 2

Was stuck in concession  purgatory for 40 minutes  waiting on terrible tenderloins! Missed Phantom through Blue Stars....

Terrible people. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

Is this Blue Stars accordion intro fully pre-recorded? Can't see anyone playing it, on accordion or synth.

I'm glad Boston plays their own accordion and usually sings their own songs. Pre-recorded samples are cheating.

That's a really nice arrangement.  And they're performing it well.  You can hear the melody soar over the counter melody and everything. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

So when the schedule says last "two" scores announced in quotations, that means everyone down through the Mandarins, right?

I'm sure they'll start announcing more scores shortly... maybe during the drum battle or next video presentation.