Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

Just now, Tim K said:

At finals lines are always long. Usually on Friday Friday intermission is a killer, Thursday not too bad. 

I’ve never waited in a line to get into the stadium at 4:30 PM. 

2 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I'll be watching tonight from the comfort of my bedroom on a 50" TV with some killer speakers connected. What I won't be doing is thinking about scores or placements. Drum Corps is back and that's enough for me.

Would you be willing to have 15,000 friends over?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

####, the Marines have some fast paced drill during the Festive Overture opener!

Just now, MikeRapp said:

What is the show concept for the Marine Corps band? Props? 

Good music that people know 

Our fault coming here at 5:15 pm. I will not cut in line like I’m hearing some are.  Waiting like a good sheep.  My two whiskey drinks are tiding me over.  Just sad I’ll miss the first groups, a first for me.  A sad day for logistics for DCI as I see Trooper and Colts fans in line with us.  

Just now, MikeRapp said:

What is the show concept for the Marine Corps band? Props? 

No props. The show concept is basically classical favorite hits. So far, Festive Overture and Time To Say Goodbye.

They’re making use of amped soloists and synth in the front ensemble. Along with the modern drill, the Marines have really embraced current trends in the marching arts and drum corps activity.

Just now, skevinp said:

Would you be willing to have 15,000 friends over?

It would be a tight fit.... and parking would definitely be a challenge...But I can just bring chairs in from the dining room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2